Glitch on O2 web site gives free phone

o2 has been in contact with me and told me that they will not send any phones out they have been talking to their legal team and they said they dont have to send any phones out the t&c will be changed in the near future at the end of the day we are not losting anything because it was free although we all took advantage of it good on ya :)

Boyz I got my phone today. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SMCSMC you're the man!!!! Thanks for posting this here.

As I said earlier bell them and tell them you will not honour and cancel your monthly contract with them if they dont send you the phone (An O2 contract helps)

Surely others have got the phone too????

This has got to be one of the best freebies ever.

citizens advice here i come,i think they are just trying to fob us off.a contract is a contract.cant see how they can just write it off.if it was us at the other end im sure they would not accept us saying oh well it was a mistake.this aint right.didnt even get the call from the manager that they supposedly arranged.

i may have missed this but all who recieved confermation are legally entitled to thephone they purchased for free. as said the confermation letter is a contract in intself thus fones must e despatched..

the law is on your side. if all else fails just tell them ok i want an expensive phone and a contract deal.. and in 6 months time tell them your not gonna pay for it as you made an error in sigining the contract in the first placesso are not gonna pay for the 100's of calls u made and just rip the contract up..

if they say no.. just tell em well thats basically what your doing by noit sending out my fone..

simple

tbh in the t&c there should be something along the lines of...

'in the event of a website glitch this company can cancel any order made'

i know alot of website's have this or something along these lines put in place on the t&c's

So far ive only heard 1 guy on the forum recieved a phone out of so many, any more?

Maybe I got the phone as I'm an existing O2 customer?

i get a phone call yesterday saying they are not going to send the phone
and they will give all the details why to my solicitor when i take them to court :)
they also asked how i went about ordering the phone what address i put in and what i clicked on to get it

ed

this was in the Daily Mirror today

O2 NO!
EXCLUSIVE Firm's £500,000 website free phone error
By Ruki Sayid, Consumer Editor [email protected]

MOBILE phone giant O2 has lost £500,000 after an internet blunder forced them to give away more than 3,000 expensive handsets.

Customers who bought a £149 Samsung X830 phone from O2's website were supposed to get a free year-long movie pass.

But confusion over the wording in India, where the webpages are put together, led to punters being offered a free Samsung phone and a free film pass.

As word of the offer spread thousands of people rushed to sign up for the deal - with the website getting 11,000 hits in one hour.

An O2 insider said: "At one stage we had more than 100 technicians working on the site as it went into meltdown. More than 3,000 phones worth £500,000 have been given away." Emily Turner of Whitstable, Kent, was one of those who just missed out as O2 bosses pulled the plug.

The mum of two said: "As soon as word got out there was a massive mistake on the O2 site, everyone I know started ordering. Some of my friends got their phones but I missed out and was told the deal would not be honoured, even though they had confirmed via email that the transaction had gone through."

O2 yesterday admitted there had been a problem with a "rogue link" to its website.

The company declined to say how many phones had been sent out, but added: "Some may have been dispatched before the problem was identified and fixed. The cost has not been huge."

O2 is the latest in a series of firms to have fallen prey of online gremlins.

Off-licence chain Threshers, Sainsbury's and Hamleys all lost out when discount vouchers and codes aimed at staff or regular customers found their way into mass circulation, causing internet meltdown.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=o2-no%2D--%26method=full%26objectid=18586850%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

WOW!
I ordere about 6 phones and non came on the tuesday we were all waiting for them to be delivered.

I used abit of intuition and made one last order for one of the stick smasung phones in white, but with that order i set the date for deliver for the 16th of Febuary.
I forgot all about it and kinda expected them all to delete the order along with the other million we all made.

But the date is the 16th Feb and DHL have just delivered a Samsung and its charging up right now.
Not bad huh?
Only thing is i didnt get the free Odeon Cinema tickets that were meant to come with it.
Shall i phone up and complain??

well thought I'd check but this is what law on the web told me:

As the contract price was nothing we cannot see that you had offered any
"consideration" for the phone and therefore there could not have been a
contract.

guess thats that...

oh well...

well done to those who got one though...

Followed the instructions but this is all i got:-
You have already added the Text Anytime to your basket
You have already added the Text Anytime to your basket.

Please view the phones page for phones which apply to your choice of tariff.

OR

Discard your current tariff choice and view all available tariffs.

Did anyone else get this??

Followed the instructions but this is all i got:-
You have already added the Text Anytime to your basket
You have already added the Text Anytime to your basket.

Please view the phones page for phones which apply to your choice of tariff.

OR

Discard your current tariff choice and view all available tariffs.

Did anyone else get this??

Mate this only worked for a day, and that day was 3 weeks ago.

Muzstar if you read the thread you'd have saved yourself the embarresment and also know how many phones were sent out.

Well I'm glad some people got some phones I posted the original thread and I did not even get any.

At least it got 6900 hits WOW

Oh well life is a bitch

Back