Glitch on O2 web site gives free phone

The following terms and conditions apply to purchases made from the O2 online shop. We suggest you print a copy to keep for your records.
These conditions set out the agreement between you and "us" (O2 (UK) Limited) for purchases made from this website. To purchase from this site you may need to use a credit or debit card and if you have selected a pay monthly mobile or a SIM card you will need to set up regular payments from a bank account depending upon the item being purchased. You will also need an email address as we will use this as the main way to keep in contact with you.

Please note in particular that

* No orders shall be accepted if received from outside the United Kingdom.
* Pay monthly orders shall only be accepted from persons who are 18 or over. Pre-pay (Pay & Go) orders shall only be accepted from persons who are 16 or over with a valid debit card.

Information on this website

Whilst we try to ensure that all descriptions, details, including prices, displayed on this website are correct and up to date, we cannot guarantee that they are. Details may be updated from time to time and are subject to change. You must ensure that prior to placing an order you have checked all relevant details about the products and/or services you have selected. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted. All products and services advertised are subject to availability.

Ordering

The information displayed on this website, including prices, does not constitute an offer to contract or enter into an agreement. When you place an order via this website for products and/or services your order shall constitute an offer for the goods and/or services selected.
We shall not be obliged to accept your order. If we do, your order will be accepted by us by means of an email confirming the order. Confirmation of orders will be sent to the email address supplied by you when the order was placed.
A contract for the products and/or services requested by you shall only be formed once our confirmation message has been successfully sent to the address of your electronic mailbox or your internet access provider?s server. It is your responsibility to verify that your mailbox is in proper working order and you must assume the risk of all consequences for transmission or operational failures.

Law

Any contracts formed between you and us via this website will be deemed to have been made in the UK and shall be governed and construed according to English law. Any disputes or proceedings shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.

Delivery & Charges

We can only deliver to a valid UK address.
All delivery timescales are subject to product and availability delivery times.
We don't deliver to Post Office (P.O.) boxes or shipping agent addresses.
Delivery will be between the hours of 9:00am ? 5:00pm on Mondays to Fridays only, except bank holidays. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm a precise delivery time
Where delivery charges are applicable you will only pay one delivery charge per order, which will be the highest depending on the contents of your order and your chosen delivery service. When you have added items to your shopping basket, the standard delivery charge for those items will be automatically applied to your order. Warranty
Unless otherwise stated, all equipment purchased from this website is covered by a 12 month manufacturers warranty from the date that it is delivered to you. Policy details are contained in the welcome pack that you will receive with your goods. In the unlikely event that you experience a fault or defect with your equipment in the first 12 months following purchase please contact [email protected]. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Payment

Unless otherwise stated, all prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the products and/or services ordered plus any applicable delivery charges.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods: Maestro/Switch, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Delta. Monthly line rental charges are paid by direct debit.
Payment will be taken from you when the confirmation email is sent except where a product is out of stock. In this case your payment card will be debited when the product is ready for delivery.

You confirm that the credit, debit or store card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.

So according to their own terms and conditions, they have accepted an order off me, by my recieving the confirmation email they have accepted the order and therefore a contract exists!

If they do not honour the contract to supply said phone, sim, and accessories they can then be taken to court, which if they lost the case would not only cost them the price of the goods, but the court costs also!

i have just contacted them on 08705678678 and quoted my order number.
they tried to tell me that because the site was not charing me for the phone the order has been cancelled.
i quoted the terms and conditions and they have now agreed to send my phones.

Just received the same email, Shall I call them or email regarding the T&C.

Well done Malcb, did they give you a hard time before they gave in?

they did give a hard time, they tried saying as no payment has been made they dont have to send out the phones, just quote the t&c as it states you have a contract once you have received the conformation e-mail

yea think i will try this... I got the e-mails comfirmation so i should get the phone ay.... gonna call them
Just got the email saying about the fault.

so do I win the competition for getting the most hits in the 'freebies' section?

Also have got the same emails about the back in stock order etc etc

will give them a ring tomorrow and wind them up who knows?

just had a phone call from O2 asking how i ordered the phone, told her on line, she then told me because of a fault the order was going through as not chargeable, i said i checked everything was correct before i ordered and it was showing up as no charge.
she then said that they would not be sending the phones as the handset i ordered was chargeable, told them it was their problem not mine and they have a contract to supply the phone.
she told me they would not be sending one order as they dont stock that phone anymore, she was shocked when i told her that the person i spoke to eariler had already agreed to change the L6 for an O2 Ice, even gave her the name of the person.
its been left now that its been sent to another dept to be sorted, i told her if they break the t&c i would take them to the small claims court and also contact BBC Watchdog.
they are trying their best to get out of sending the phones but its not going to work, the law is on our side this time

just phoned them myself,and was told they are cancelling all the non paying contracts due to a web site glitch.i quoted the terms and conditions and was told the manager will phone me back.i also enquired as to wether this is some sort of marketing scam by o2 to get peoples email address info etc.watch this space.....................

surely a contract cant be broken just like that!

i foned them also and explained 2 the lady that i wanted the fone that i ordered that it wasnt my fault they fecked thier website up and she said somebody will fone me back within 4 hours.

all you people who ordered this free phone make sure you get something! im sure its a law that if they advertise something they have to give it for that! i should have made an order to oh well but keep hassling them they cant do this. thats why they have ict staff to sort their problems out!!

O2 are under noi obligation to fullfill their end of the bargain. This is coveredby the Sale of Goods Act whereby the seller can simply withdraw the goods from sale if they had made a mistake with the pricing.

Personally I'm going to pester the hell out of them and cancel my monthly contract with them if I dont get my phone. I still reckon they'll tell me to sod off though.

O2 are under noi obligation to fullfill their end of the bargain. This is coveredby the Sale of Goods Act whereby the seller can simply withdraw the goods from sale if they had made a mistake with the pricing.

Personally I'm going to pester the hell out of them and cancel my monthly contract with them if I dont get my phone. I still reckon they'll tell me to sod off though.

thay may be true regarding a seller can withdraw goods from sale but it has already become a contract as stated in their terms and conditions that a contract is formed and legal once they accept the offer and sent a notification out.

You cannot break a legal contract as all those who have a monthly pay contract knows...

am i right in saying this? Any legal briefs around here?

just got this in an email from o2
Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing an order with O2 Online.

We're really sorry, but due to a fault which we experienced on our website, we were not able to process your order. The good news is that we've now fixed the fault and would like to invite you back to place your order again should you still wish to do so by clicking on the following link www.o2.co.uk/shop.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. .

Kind regards,
O2 Online.

Here we go boys & girls, the email address for the top man, i emailed him a few months back when o2 started charging for gprs usage without telling anyone! Anyway after going round and round with normal CS, this man got it sorted! A full 400 quid refund!!

So be polite!!!

[email protected]

He is the MD i believe

Back