Glitch on O2 web site gives free phone

I've still had no email at all and cant find the view my order link under view my bill

I've had the emails - in warehouse for dispatch, no stock. I reckon we can't see it online because it's been deleted.

It's always worth a try, but I'd say we have no chance.

just had an email from o2 saying my item has been sent and to print the email as a receipt.so might get it...........

My son had 6 ordered, received emails saying they were out of stock, he rang O2 customer service and gave his order number and was told the phones hes ordered will be delivered when they are back in stock

I got an email from them too, saying its out of stock ad would be delivered asap once in stock, if we all get this phone at the end it would be the best freebie ever, fingers cross now.!

I don't know how much truth there is (if any) in this, but someone on another forum has said that O2 have cancelled all the orders placed and are ringing the people who ordered them to tell them why - That is 'if' you put a legit phone number in.

I ordered mine on Saturday for delivery today, but yesterday I got the 'passed to despatch' and the 'out of stock' emails. So I won't be holding my breath. I suppose it is possible that they are genuinely out of stock if this has been all over the internet, however, it's more likely that O2 have noticed whats going on and cancelled all the orders as stated above.

The way I'm looking at it is, if they deliver, all well and good, if not, it was worth trying anyway.

i just e-mailed o2 asking whee mine where and they have e-mailed back saying they were out of stock and are on there way today !!!

i also checked the terms and conditions and if they sent you a confirmation e0mail they have to give you them as that enters them into a legal contract

so get hassling o2 folks !!!!

Ed

ive not had any emails from 02 still? yet there are people who done it after me who have

well i put 6 orders in and its order number 3 and 4 that i got e-mails for

Ed

its always the same with these things, when there is an errors on a web site, u have to remember once a "bargain" hits any sort of forum then there are literally thousands of people try to order.

i dont suppose it makes any difference really because once thousands start hitting the site the company involved just pull the plug, but it does p*** me off when people say "well ive ordered 8 or 10" doh dont u realize if its not been pulled then ordering 10 is gonna ring alarm bells.

occasionally these things do get through and to be honest i think some of them are marketing tools, for example if u hear that company x has boobed but are still honoring the deal, many people will return to the site and have it bookmarked.

the thing about getting e-mail confirmation i am sure the contract is not made until they are despatched. i remember this was descused at length on a big tv that i think woollies/curries/argos cant remember which had wrong a couple of years ago, seem to think it should have been £1185 but was on the site for £185.
a member on here followed it up with a lawyer and because it is distance selling even though everybody got e-mails and many had money taken from switch/visa etc, all the company had to do was tell u it was out of stock and refund the money and sort the price on the web page.

i really do hope u get the phone/ear piece but dont hold your breath.

Last edited:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing an order with O2 Online.

We're really sorry, but due to a fault which we experienced on our website, we were not able to process your order. The good news is that we've now fixed the fault and would like to invite you back to place your order again should you still wish to do so by clicking on the following link www.o2.co.uk/shop.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. .

Kind regards,
O2 Online.
shop.o2.co.uk

Ive just got the same email, so we wont get the phones!

It was never going to happen, but if you don't try you don't get. One day we'll get lucky with something good.

Back