ISP Virgin offering free upgrade to double speed if you are on O2

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I upgraded to VM 550MB, and all good last week I signed up to the VOLT as I am on O2 for my phone aswell. Had an issue with my SH so engineer came over, and as he replaced my SH3 with the SH4 and he registered new SH he tells me you on the 1GB now as you are with O2 as well so free upgrade

he did say dont use Speed Test but the OFCOM approved Sam Knowns Real Speed to test your speeds (mine below)

1640193169149.png

Never tried that speed test site before. Hadn't even heard of it. Looks like your on wireless to your computer. I seem to be losing quite a bit of speed from the router to my pc as well.

speed.jpg

Yes WiFi at router hence lower speed. On desktop I was getting 900. Bottleneck is my Tenda router running Tomato firmware.

My superhub 4 is in the front room and is wired into a StreamLocator hub in the living room. It is supposed to be passthrough with no loss of speed but if this speed site is accurate then obviously that is not the case.
I am going to do a little experimenting but may go back to using my own router again. Never really used the StreamLocator for it's true purpose much but I did like the extended wireless range it gives me.

this is over wired connection

1640271599001.png

getting as close to 1GB/sec

Only way to get speeds over that is to have superhub 5 which has the 2.5.gb port

How are you fuckers getting that speed out of the hub ?

Most I get is around 500 out of it on wired connection.

I have a SH5 in modem mode and Unifi UDM SE for the router.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-18 154216.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 154216.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 7
Well you've seen the speeds we are getting with the SH4 so your router isn't the problem is it?
No I get the same speeds going direct from hub to desktop or laptop so my router isn't the issue.

Back