Getting over a girlfriend

Basically guys, me and my gf/ex have split up, we were together 3 years I love her very much but people have told me shes cheated on me and I think she has as its the same nite where she lied to me about where she was n so did the lad!

Anyway, what's the best way to get over her? She has always been in my life for the past 3 years she was my best friend and my first. Dont get me wrong I have the lads and we go out every week and get hammered lol! Im 19 now!

the old saying mate is you fall off your bike you get back and ride it simples lol

I think most of us been there before m8, when I have a problem to deal with I read books, is good to take your head off the problem, it don't make it go away but it makes you feel better, and when you feel better you deal with your problems better.

I feel your pain mate, same thing happened to me at your age, best advice I could give you is as someone already said, rip the head of it for a while and someone will come along and rub some soothing cream in for you, just make sure it's not one of eders friends first ;)

When your older and wiser you'll look back on this period in your life with fond memories and think, thank feck I never married that bint.

:Cheers:

p.s. you wouldn't happen to have her phone No handy. :proud:

i'm the same age as you mate

been there done that! forget about her

go out clubbing with your mates and pull as many burds as you can but just enjoy yourself!

if you follow all the other old codgers advice about choking the chicken, just remember it makes you go blind

so stop just when you need glasses!!

btw i'm only a pm away

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you should try and get some closure on it by confronting her and asking her to admit it, look you in the eyes, and ask her why and how could she do that to you... Try and get some shit off your chest and vent it, don't let it bottle up.

Then maybe you can just try and come to terms with it... Like everyone else says though, jeez man, you don't need this drama at 19, you still don't know what life's all about yet, so just vent and ask her the questions you want answering and just do the sh*t 19 year olds get upto then you might be able to look back at it in few years down the line with a bit more maturity and life experience under your belt and see things in a different light.

You should tell yourself you deserve better than her as well mate. You did nothing wrong so put your chin up and know you can do much better. She will go through life being a cheater and being in relationships with other cheaters, and I'm sure her lies won't stop there. She will have to live with what she has done so try not to get bitter over it and score points or go out of your way to make her jelious or what-have-you or you will lowering yourself to her sort of level throwing away your self respect.

I think you need to go through the motions if it has only just happened, but when you are ready there is an EFT thread in the health and fitness section which might help. It help me getting over an issue with a woman... I was in a state man, drinking JD from the bottle and lost about a stone in weight lol... 2 years later and I, only just putting some closure on it... But you are well young enough to come bouncing back in double quick time... 1 month max mate ;-)

Mate get your self to thailand, it'll soon help you forget the past, dont bother with europe.
Once you've been to asia you wont wanna go a spanish or greek island again.

4 weeks till i go with the lads ;-)

i'm the same age as you mate

been there done that! forget about her

go out clubbing with your mates and pull as many burds as you can but just enjoy yourself!

if you follow all the other old codgers advice about choking the chicken, just remember it makes you go blind

so stop just when you need glasses!!

btw i'm only a pm away

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Fook me Gav has she turned you the other way:banana:

Mate get your self to thailand, it'll soon help you forget the past, dont bother with europe.
Once you've been to asia you wont wanna go a spanish or greek island again.

4 weeks till i go with the lads ;-)

Yeah, go to Bangkok, some nice fireworks display going on there...

lol thats terrible advice.

if you take up WoW you will never get a gf again, before you know it you will be 40 doing a 40 man raid with pants down peeing in a bottle because raid leader dont want afk's lol

Then if you do get a gf after that, she will wonder after 8 months what the smell is and find the fermenting brew you left under your desk.

lol

Best thing m8 get another lady pump it, move on and get another after that. Get a new one but dont mention yout old one or fall for too fast and seem needy.

like sumone said your young get out live a bit and enjoy yourself.

PMSL ... looks like we have had the same experience .
i had to ween myself off it ,,it was worse than quitting smoking hahaha

Hey m8,

Sorry to hear about this. Loads of people have give you some great advice so TRY and remember it. As mad as it sounds its probably easier to get over her now at 19 than when your older. As you get older you think your goin to be single for the rest of ya life and shit like that but it dont happen its just people being scared of the future. Im only 33 and talk like im 90 fuckin 3. :Clap:

Iv loved and lost and as you have said you have highs and lows so its just getting over the low and they will become less as time goes by. The one thing i would say is try and stay away from her because seeing her will just get ur feelings started again.

If you ever want to meet up mate cuz your feeling low just contact me and we can meet up as your only down the road and live on same road i work. Seriously mate im here if ya need. Will PM you my number even if you just need to tex sometime.

Ray

Cheers for the tremendous support and advice lads, I really am thankfull!

Im seeing her tomorrow night to sit down and talk and I will decide what's going to happen from there.

The only thing thats making me so depressed is that I have to work at the same place as her, and the person she has/may have cheated on works on the same department as her and I have to walk past all the time, its only a part time job but its still where I have to work. I felt like not going in today because the lad was working. Dont get me wrong I could get a few mates with me and batter the fucking living daylights out of him, but im not certain its true, so I cant!

To top it off when im depressed my eczema flares up and know its really bad on my eyelids, I look like a permanaent stoner lol. Im going the docs in the morning to get something for it, but its really putting me down and not making me feel better about myself :(

Sorry to hear about this adamavcf, but I got to say some of the replies in this thread are superb and gave me a good chuckle.

WoW, absolute classic. :)

Cheers for the tremendous support and advice lads, I really am thankfull!

Im seeing her tomorrow night to sit down and talk and I will decide what's going to happen from there.

The only thing thats making me so depressed is that I have to work at the same place as her, and the person she has/may have cheated on works on the same department as her and I have to walk past all the time, its only a part time job but its still where I have to work. I felt like not going in today because the lad was working. Dont get me wrong I could get a few mates with me and batter the fucking living daylights out of him, but im not certain its true, so I cant!

To top it off when im depressed my eczema flares up and know its really bad on my eyelids, I look like a permanent stoner lol. I'm going the docs in the morning to get something for it, but its really putting me down and not making me feel better about myself :(

So she may not have cheated on you at all hmmm, someone been jumping to conclusions?? nevermind Gav is only a pm away lol.

You need to sit down and sort your Sh8t out with her mate, has she hasn't she,can you, and do you trust her? rumours and Chinese whispers can be a killer in a relationship.

Haw you!

I meant cause we are the same age an I've been throo the same hassle!

Am no an arse bandit!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Haw you!

I meant cause we are the same age an I've been throo the same hassle!

Am no an arse bandit!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It's not the truth people want Gav, it what they really think m8 that counts...lol

Adam, do what you think is right, it may be hard for you to break all ties with her but it may also be the right thing to do.

A bit of advice from an old fart (me). You said she is your best friend, trust me, your best friend is your hand, it is always there when you need it and it will never cheat on you, its there 24/7 and it doesnt cost you anything...:proud:

Good luck m8, most of us have been in the same situation, it will tug at your heart strngs but as life goes on you will laugh at it.

IF she was your 1st love, obviously you will never ever forget her but you wont lust for her, that feeling goes away.

Yeah, go to Bangkok, some nice fireworks display going on there...

This ladybird thing just keeps following you around mate, begining to think there's no smoke without fire lol...

Adam.

Listen. Perhaps she was the one, and now she's gone? Perhaps you will never get another girlfriend? What if you never feel like this again?

You had it, and now it's dust.

Have you thought about suicide?

Adam.

Listen. Perhaps she was the one, and now she's gone? Perhaps you will never get another girlfriend? What if you never feel like this again?

You had it, and now it's dust.

Have you thought about suicide?
lol its a good job ive been on this site for a while!

At times of crisis, it's always comforting to rely on the wisdom of the great Winston Churchill.

"A woman is only a woman...

...but a cigar is a good smoke."

Back