gavs 12/11/05 x2 updated feedback

avia 600

will the 500 drivers work as well with the avia 600 x2 chip set sounds like a good image thinking about trying it on both my boxs will it suit both thanks bloodstone ....

yep its has both but is set on avia500 and just let me know if you want avia600 and ill tell you what to do m8

cheers

gav any suggestions what i am doing wrong

Alright Gav,

I have flashed your image onto my dbox and followed all your instructions etc, yet for some strange reason when I go to scan for channels I cannot seem to pick up any. I have fttpd across the service and bouquets etc, but I am still unable to get any channels what so every. It has to be something simple that I am doing wrong I have turned off the fast scan option etc adn still no luck.
The other images I have already got scan fine and pick up the channels but for some reason I cannot get yours to work for me. I realise that it is a working image from all the posts I have read etc. Any advice most helpful. I am in an nthell area and I am using the correct frequency to scan on.

Thanks for any advice,
Sparks

extra

i dont understand it i have set everything up so it scans 100 percent im on nthell 6887 and it finds everything when you ftp your services and boquets over are you pressing dbox service reload services if you are thats the strangest thing i have heard

tried that

Hi Gav,
I have reloaded it all etc. but still get nothing. Even when I do a normal scan with just your image it does not pick up anything. It goes all through the transponders etc. counts up 1/30 2/30 etc. but no channels appear in the provider or the channel part. I have turned off fast scan. I also tried the bruteforce scan on it and that did exactly the same thing, would not pick up any channels. I am really puzzeled by this.]
I have a sagem box and changed all the settings like you have instructed etc.
I really am confused to say the least.
Oh well, will keep trying there has to be something simple that I am not doing. Any thoughts most appreciated. If I sort it out will let you know what it was etc.
Like I said it scans all the transpondes but does not pick any channels up, really wired adn worse still is it is too early for a pint, as in work hehe.

After i had "channel not availiable" problems with the previous image, i used IFA to flash this one & so far have had no problems at all, i've had it on for 24 hours, not once has it frozen or given the channel error, so well done gav.
I'd suggest anyone who's having major problems with any of the images they are trying to try & flash it via IFA, seems to have worked a treat for my Sagem.
Cheers Gav matey:Cheers:
Just to add a little something to the cat fight, regarding where one of the peeps mentioned that this thread was for feedback, well in my book feedback is feedback be it good or bad, i thought that was the idea :confused: then again as other peeps said, the guy could have mentioned his problem in a more civilised manner.
Shame they didn't take up the offer on the fight thread that loady so kindly started
boxing.gif
:Laugh:

tried that

Cheers m8,
Just tried what you have said, i.e. using IFA flash assistant and still get the same result. I turn off the fast scan option. Go to scan now. It finds 56 transponders but yer again nothing comes up in the cable Provider or channel section.
So I am completley stumped on this one.

All the best
Sparks

If you're getting nothing in the "Cable provider" then something is wrong.
Have you tried putting the bruteforce files into the image?
I havent look at any previous methods you've tried so forgive me if you've done this already...

hi sparks
i had a exact same problem with a new box i got of ebay i put it down to a faulty tuner and returned it.
It should pick up more than 56 transponders im on tpest and get 293 transponders .hope its not the tuner as it supposed to be a bugger to change: grim :

extraspark said:
Cheers m8,
Just tried what you have said, i.e. using IFA flash assistant and still get the same result. I turn off the fast scan option. Go to scan now. It finds 56 transponders but yer again nothing comes up in the cable Provider or channel section.
So I am completley stumped on this one.
All the best
Sparks

Hi mate,

can I ask if you've ever had the bx working ? Also do you subscribe to any tw or nthell products ?

de_deej

Hi Gav can you plz tell me how to change the ucode to 0014 :Cheers: Griz

yes m8 press blue...blue...yellow...3...red...yellow m8

hope it helps

cheers

news update

screenshot of my next project

i know looks like sat version but im in the middle of making it cable and nearly there

wow looking good so far

cheers all

Hey gav, u got any outstanding work u need doing on ANYTHING? I'm kinda bored here, need something to do lol...

More Info

Hi Guys,

I have had the box working on a sporters 1.6 image. It has been working fine on this and scanning as well. I have a cable modem from ntl, so I have a signal.
I have managed to get the image working bu copying an old ucode.bin across as the ones I have been using are 2kb and the one on Gavs image is 33 bytes. After copying this across along with service and Boquet files I finally got a picture on the box and all the channels there etc. I have done a scan and it works it finally works now, hurray.
The strange thing is that I have not been doing anything differnetly. Think i might have ghost or something, right off to have a few beers and enjoy the image. Will report back for you gav and let you know how it is going.
Thanks for all the advice guys.

All the best,

Sparks

Its probably 33 bytes on gavs image because the file is actually a "symlink" (similar to a shortcut in windows) to a different file, which is probably the 2kb one you're talking about. Ah well, its working lol.

gav12345 said:
liam any updates on the enigma m8

I'll find out m8. I passed it on to sum1 else 'in the know' if u remember but not too sure how far he got with it. Have you made any updates to the image yourself or are you just waiting on sorting out the problems that were there already?

new update the picture quality on this one is outstanding and i mean outstanding

liam am too busy with this image m8

this was the hardest to get evocamd loaded on 5 times my box crashed everytime

now its loaded fine and au'ing fine and im so happy with it

re enigma image
yes im waiting for you guys to sort the problem out and ill work on it more

k no probs gav... i think we've got evocamd working on enigma at last! shouldnt be long now before i can send this image to you for approval... :)

Back