gavs 12/11/05 x2 updated feedback

Had it since yesterday Gav and no probs to report whatsoever. Love the speed of the menus, think i will be sticking with this i,age - well done m8.

Oh, and thank god you got rid of that XP start-up logo :lol

Tried the new image and it looked and fealt great until I came to change the Unicode to 14 and enabl the SPTS for streaming. Nokia Dbox2 cannot receive channels / black screen on all channels. Re-flashed image back to Gav's previous sportster 1.7 uk05 image and able to change Unicode and turn SPTS on. Anyway, no danger older image is still Ace, cheers Gav!

german to english ..

@ gav12345

done the small files ... started on the big one but will take a wee bit longer ;)
have a look at it.

cooltool said:
@ gav12345
done the small files ... started on the big one but will take a wee bit longer ;)
have a look at it.

cheers m8 looks very good cheers for your hard work i will try in my latest image and see if it works

keep them coming m8

thanks again m8

gav12345 said:
cheers m8 looks very good cheers for your hard work i will try in my latest image and see if it works
keep them coming m8
thanks again m8
just double check spelling ...

Gav,
Is there any settings i should know about for NTL?
My current img has all the ppv channels apart from the front row working.
I have flashed many files to my box but i seem to louse all the ppv when i do it.
Wondering am i missing somthing, will your img just replace my current one and all channels be viewable if i replace the services.xml & the bouq files with mine. My img is old and i would like to use an updated one with a finer crisp image but not louse out on the ppv channels. Many thanks

Silent2005 said:
Gav,
Is there any settings i should know about for NTL?
My current img has all the ppv channels apart from the front row working.
I have flashed many files to my box but i seem to louse all the ppv when i do it.
Wondering am i missing somthing, will your img just replace my current one and all channels be viewable if i replace the services.xml & the bouq files with mine. My img is old and i would like to use an updated one with a finer crisp image but not louse out on the ppv channels. Many thanks

hi m8

best thing to do ie to save your services.xml and boquets.xml then just overwrite them on the new image

unless you do a scan

cheers

cooltool works a treat so far so good m8 keep em coming m8 cheers

God dame it,
The home button on the remote will not work on your images Gav,
I put my old image back on and all is fine. I did try one of your other images andi had the same problem. I have a nokia dbox2 on NT* sorry but ca not be without the home button as this links the menus...
Picture is spot on and ppv works fine. Just no HOME button on the remote.

Can you help?

Gav last problem i have found is that some channels seem a bit pixalated.
And others not.

Silent2005 said:
God dame it,
The home button on the remote will not work on your images Gav,
I put my old image back on and all is fine. I did try one of your other images andi had the same problem. I have a nokia dbox2 on NT* sorry but ca not be without the home button as this links the menus...
Picture is spot on and ppv works fine. Just no HOME button on the remote.
Can you help?

If you spend some of your own time playing around with the settings you would have come across the key binding settings which allows you to adjust the home keys use to what you like. I think Gav has more to worry about, like installing the keys and camds so the box will actually work then the settings on your remote.

de_deej

de_deej said:
If you spend some of your own time playing around with the settings you would have come across the key binding settings which allows you to adjust the home keys use to what you like. I think Gav has more to worry about, like installing the keys and camds so the box will actually work then the settings on your remote.
de_deej

cheers de well spoken m8

for some reason this is not stable with some people but loady hit the nail on the head

i reflashed a few times using the ftp and eventually reflashed this one back on and lo and behold channel not available and epg started to play up weird

then i thought this is no good then i read loadys comments so i unplugged my box from the mains and started to reflash it via ifa and when finished no more channel not available and epg very good so strange

cheers loady for that weird though never come across this before though

also i have downloaded the german 1.75 and im in the middle of updating this one as well got some fancy clock on tv screen functions on it but

i am not going to upload it until frontrow goes as im not supporting front row as i think im sticking with the german sectionsd but not the 1.75 as the epg is no good

i have just done some testing and found a very good sectionsd with good epg and using an edited zapit thats been tweaked up from barf that gives a very very good scan and doesnt give weird audio options that no-one understands

so its just at the beginning stage but looking good as im not totally satisfied with this one

cheers

No problem mate, just wish that alot of the members on this forum would just stop using and abusing and offer some help or do some work themselves.

RE: IFA: I also think that the image can sometimes be corrupted when extracting with rar. It may be worth posting a link to download it whole.

BTW its been on all day and appears to be working great.

de_deej

gav last night i flashed with your new one , i used flash fxp as i get good results with it all i can say is well done m8 you know iam a big fan of yours and you must have worked really hard on this ,scrolling through menus really quick,epg on all my front row i think my picture quality has improved very stable as well did a scan found 259 channels and 39 radio channels as you know iam about much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to technical terms cant wait for your new one 15 out 10 well done m8

notanotherone said:
gav last night i flashed with your new one , i used flash fxp as i get good results with it all i can say is well done m8 you know iam a big fan of yours and you must have worked really hard on this ,scrolling through menus really quick,epg on all my front row i think my picture quality has improved very stable as well did a scan found 259 channels and 39 radio channels as you know iam about much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to technical terms cant wait for your new one 15 out 10 well done m8

cheers m8 make sure you make a backup of the image from your dbox m8 for future use m8

cheers

its just so many people moaning about this one makes me think its not upto scratch thats all m8

cheers

Shut up toss3r

de_deej said:
de_deej

Hi nugget head is this a forum or not. you silly boy go away and play with ya dbox2 and leave ya sarcastic childish remarks for your self.

you arrogant little boy..

Hi Gav,

I have found one more problem with the latest img.
Some channelks and they seem to be random do not dycrpt on the fly.
A msg comes up saying Error (Channel not Availble) then if you change to another channel and then back some times it then dycrpts the channel.

I am sure i have seen this same error in another image.

All though what De Jee says i do thank you for your time and work you put in to these images. De Jee needs to go on an attitude course the child.

Back