gavs 12/11/05 x2 updated feedback

:Cheers: Gav Thx 4 the speedy reply Griz

briliant liam thats fantastic as its a good image too

liam you said your bored you want me to pm you something to do m8

as long as you know about epg, sectionsd as im only getting epg on this new one

maybe one or 2 programmes ahead and i cant ftp any other sectionsd german or english so a bit stuck

cheers

I am now getting channell not available on all channels with this image, it just started to degrade and start sticking, so i have flash several times and it has got progressively worse, no i cant even get the time up, its acting the same as my fekked nokia, i am concerned that all this flashing has or can damage the box ? i am going try the previous image and hopefully box will come to life.

i must say its the hardest challenge yet this new image but such a crisp picture wow thats all i can say wow but the epg has got me beat
so any individuals out there that know how the new epg works such as sectionsd and gztmp and how they work together please pm me
cheers

gav what exactly do you need doing to the new epg? i might be able to help.
do you think maybe we should have a "sub-section" for developing, you know.. like how the downloads section is seperate, there cud be a section for development? just a suggestion.

ok liam i dont know about that but the problem

epg shows for 2 programmes ahead and thats it m8

also there is a new plugin for epg to maximise the size in mb but not much room on dbox to make it larger so getting an error as i cant make it any larger

cheers

Gav, another fantastic effort.. works great on my Sagem 1xI

I was playing around in the plugins section and reloaded Tuxwetter as I kinda like it. My only question is how to get it to show UK weather like on of your old images used to. (can't remember the version now)

Is it just a matter of goofing about with it, or can you point me in the right direction.

Again...thanks for your continued contributions!

We all owe you a beer

Gav,

Great image mate. With this one you've dragged me away from your updated Zg0re from a few weeks back, and that was cracking.

EPG on FR excellent. Another winner! Well done.

hotshot when u say done all of the above what did you do?

cheers

gav, I love this image. its brillient, Cheers for all da hard work. However I noticed that picture quality if not as good as the previous image. Is there any thing you can think of..?

With previous image, the picture quality of all channels were excellent and on this image its not same. so just thought to point out to you. apart from that it works like a black horse.... ;)

Cheers mate

cheers cheecs

i did notice that m8

thats why im on a new one

but some programmes show in bad quality and some programmes dont

cheers

Yeah, I forgot to mention that some channels are crystal clear and some are like old back in 1980 "techni colour" ;)

I'm sure you will crack it soon. I want to learn how to do this modification...? just hint is enough for me...

Also is there any program available which generates the log file of the channels being watched...? or is it possible for me to write that in "C" or java
i'm a software programmer so if I can do nething to help others, I will definitely do my best.

cheers

hi gav,
have had your new image in my nokia for a few days now works a treat thought i would bring my mums down and i put it in hers, now and again it says channel not available turn it over then back and the channel is there its very annoying put her old image in and it works fine

gav got sum feedback for you.

If you change to ucode to anything but the default one its on the dbox will crash. I tried on built in because to record you need to use that or the other one and the channel not avaiable will come.

I flashed using ftp and IFA same result.

Hopefully this will help you fix the bug.

Cheers for the hard work

hi gav just wanted to say mines has been running since you put it on the forum and i downloaded it i just keep the box on all the time and switch off the tv i now have another box from my "waiting for time" box and flashed my other new one with it as well i put this one on standby and its the same clear crisp image great picture epg allround so now i have 2 good boxes running. I flashed the "waitng for time "one but its still the same waiting for time never mind will keep trying with it i may get lucky lol :Cheers:

wo sounds like you have a few boxs that your playing with

cheers

yea m8 have just bought another so that makes 3 the one you were helping me with you know "waiting for time"that makes 4 but its a big thanks to the likes of yourself liam devilfish and all the other guys that i can now do this cheers m8 drinks are on me whenever yous feel like it :Cheers:

Hi

1st time here..

Great work on this! 1st time Ive flashed (as image supplied with box didnt work). Everything seems great. Tried setting everything up for recording and when testing, the screen goes off (sound also). Recording to PC fine though, files are there no probs. Only when I stop the recording and go to another channel and back the picture (and sound) comes back.

Also, when trying to play back the files recorded from the PC, the screen just stays blank. Have tried ucode 14 and just get channel unavailable throughout. Back to 1A and ok again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but I dunno if it could be image related.

Back