gavs 12/11/05 x2 updated feedback

Rich-E said:
That's cool, it was still well worth flashing the box with this image anyway, cheers again!

cheers for the feedback on it m8 hope you enjoy

cheers

Another quick thing, i've tried streaming using wingrabtv and VLC, but am not having much luck. I keep getting an error message in wingrabtv briefly translated to 'unexpected error from d-box'. Can anyone help?

are you using ucode 0014 and spt on as well m8 as thats what it should be for that

cheers

gav12345 said:
are you using ucode 0014 and spt on as well m8 as thats what it should be for that
cheers

ucode set to 0014, spt on too (Well, the only reference to spt i could find was in the misc menu, so i turned that on - something about loading spt's at bootup).

Still the same error message though. Bugger!

i found one at settings recording near the bottom i dont know but that might help

gav12345 you are the man, after the n#l roll it took me (and 2 others) all day to get back up and running. sadly all this is above me. it took me 4 weeks solid to get up and running the first time.

i had fta on both my boxes this morning did a reboot now all back again i wonder what caused this mate phoned this morning to say he had the same prob

anyhow up and running again

hi jimmyq

could be a key change that happened to mine it did clear by itself but took 1 or 2 minutes of waiting and noticed the key change and using a different rom in the key change strange but worked and thats the main thing

cheers

one thing i have found is that the others selection in the channels list is not there and when i edit the boquet file to add it it stops the box from doing a scan

when i do a scan i am missing quite a few channels that i got before after doing a scan

and is there anyone in the sheffield area that can send me an updated services file ?

no matter how i try i cant get skytwo channel

gav12345 said:
hi jimmyq
could be a key change that happened to mine it did clear by itself but took 1 or 2 minutes of waiting and noticed the key change and using a different rom in the key change strange but worked and thats the main thing
cheers

still having probs mate just come back in put telly on only FTA channels restarted evocam still FTA channel then reboted and got the channels back

its not just my box doing this my mates phoned me during the day they have the same probs but starts to work after a reboot fair enough if it was just the once mate but its happened a few times while changing channels etc everthing goes blank apart from fta's then requires a reboot to get other channels back
is anyone else having this prob too???

Looks like the panic is over for this image... a simple reboot seems to cure it :) (thank god!)

Sorry guys to sound a bit thick, but is this image for the Sagem only. If not can I use it on my Nokia DBOX, and is it preferred over Liam's image. I'm just trying to get the best image for my Nokia Box.

Basically which image shall i be using

Thanks

This image is still working ok for me, whilst watching programs there's hardly any picture freezing, maybe once all night.

The only problem i do seem to have is when i turn the box off at night (into standby mode) when i turn it back on in the morning the channel it was left on is frozen (the picture is there but froze) when i switch channels, sometimes they appear, sometimes they're just blank.

To fix the problem of blank screens, rather then restarting the box, i just restart EVOCAMD & everythings back to normal.

If i didn't have the above glitch, this image would have to be the best one i've tried to date.

Alien Heads said:
This image is still working ok for me, whilst watching programs there's hardly any picture freezing, maybe once all night.

The only problem i do seem to have is when i turn the box off at night (into standby mode) when i turn it back on in the morning the channel it was left on is frozen (the picture is there but froze) when i switch channels, sometimes they appear, sometimes they're just blank.

To fix the problem of blank screens, rather then restarting the box, i just restart EVOCAMD & everythings back to normal.

If i didn't have the above glitch, this image would have to be the best one i've tried to date.

maybe its best to turn to off the stanby option in settings.misc.enable standby off

Back