gavs 12/11/05 x2 updated feedback

silent try unplugging the dbox from mains and use ifa to reflash and the dreaded ch not available error should be gone m8

cheers

Silent2005 said:
Hi nugget head is this a forum or not. you silly boy go away and play with ya dbox2 and leave ya sarcastic childish remarks for your self.
you arrogant little boy..

I help a lot of people on this forum all you do is help yourself. If you knew the time and effort it takes to produce a good image you would never have the nerve to complain as much as you do. How dare you start a post "God Damn it" when it is something that if you could sort out yourself that is if you could ever to be bothered to get of your fat arse and do something for yourself for once instead of being spoon fed the whole time. Next you will be blaming gavs image for the shite content on the box.

BTW your right it is a forum you should give not just take and if you read Gavs posts he agrees with me. Soon he wil stop releasing them because of idiots like you.

de_deej

channel scanning

Hi Gav,
I have followed your advice on not importing the files to your image etc. All I have done is put your image on my dbox. I have gone to scan for the channels but unfortunately it fails to pick up any channels etc.
Any advice? As you know what you are doing with these images so do not want to copy over files that might make the image unstable etc.

Thanks Spark

extraspark said:
Hi Gav,
I have followed your advice on not importing the files to your image etc. All I have done is put your image on my dbox. I have gone to scan for the channels but unfortunately it fails to pick up any channels etc.
Any advice? As you know what you are doing with these images so do not want to copy over files that might make the image unstable etc.
Thanks Spark

Hi mate,

did you use the correct settings for your area: 6952 is normally for TW and the other one is for nthell, also make sure you turn fast scan off.

If you already have a copy of your sevices and bouqet files it will be fine to ftp them across it wont make the image unstable.

de_deej

thanks will try

Thanks for the advice,
I have just decided to start agian. I will do as you say and copy the service and boquet files acorss and will make sure I use the correct scan etc.
Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks.
Sparks

Good luck. I would take Gavs advice and flash with IFA (if you haven't done it already) as it appears to produce better results.

de_deej

de_deej said:
I help a lot of people on this forum all you do is help yourself. If you knew the time and effort it takes to produce a good image you would never have the nerve to complain as much as you do. How dare you start a post "God Damn it" when it is something that if you could sort out yourself that is if you could ever to be bothered to get of your fat arse and do something for yourself for once instead of being spoon fed the whole time. Next you will be blaming gavs image for the shite content on the box.
BTW your right it is a forum you should give not just take and if you read Gavs posts he agrees with me. Soon he wil stop releasing them because of idiots like you.
de_deej

I agree with de_deej, but lets keep this argument to a minimum please :)
Liam.

still not scanning right

Thanks for the advice de_deej I have turned off the fast scan option as that was left on after the new flash. I have ftp across the service and bouqet files. and done a scan but it still for some strange reason does not pick up any channels. It goes through the normal transponders 24/56 etc, but does not pick up the channels as it goes through.
I must be doing something wrong here and it is going to be a small mistake. Probably an obivious on when I figure out it.
I have not tried flashing via IFA etc yet. Will do that after I have figured out what i am doing wrong with this image.
It has to be something simple. Hopefully then I can start to give positive feedback regarding the image as I know it works. It is just me. think I will go away and have a few pints in a few mins.

Cheers lads I know people moan but I like many others appreciate the work you guys do on the images.

Silent2005 said:
A msg comes up saying Error (Channel not Availble) then if you change to another channel and then back some times it then dycrpts the channel.
I am sure i have seen this same error in another image.

I have had this on EVERY single image i have tried, but not a problem to me..

ell-ess-dee said:
I have had this on EVERY single image i have tried, but not a problem to me..

Same here, I had that error on each image after the one called 'Sportster_200511_20051030_J_2xI.img'. It's was frustrating as the later images looked superb but the channel error was too annoying to me so I flashed back and all was good.

Unfortunately my dbox then failed so I've been unable to try the last 2 images or the flashing via IFA to try and get the image to take better that way as has been suggested.

When the new box turns up, hopelfully the backend of the week, then I will try the latest image on it.

Thanks to all the effort Gav puts in! the images are great, and no I don't blame them for killing the box :)

Gav,

I will try what you suggest many thanks.
This forum is for helping people out is it not. And thats just what Gav is doing. also this is a report fourm to Gavs image.
So why some dumb fool would jump on it and tell others in a sarcastic manour what to do is beyone me. Some of us are new to this forum and some advice given correctly can be of good help but De deej remarks are just arrogant and childish.

Gav you have helped me in the past and i thank you for it.
But if users used this forum correctly and give the kind of advice you give then all would get on a lot better. De Deej been sarcastic is not helping anyone.
He needs to grow up if not help full then dont remark just leave it be............

Gav can i just congratulate you on the best image(4 me!) ive seen the picture quality is awesome mate it looks like hi-res on me dbox!!!!!!!! well impressed keep up the EXCELLENT work mate :Cheers: Griz

also if you get channel not available try changing ucode to 0014 someone else has changed it and said its better for them

cheers

Hi Gav

tried the 0014 code no joy.
Also tried the IFA programe all i get is an error back in german.
I have no seial lead only efnet cat5 cross over. Can ftp to the box but can not use the ifa prog any help would be appreciated.
I have to a gree the images are crisp fine and very very high quality.
Pitty about the channel prob...

liamcrayden said:
I agree with de_deej, but lets keep this argument to a minimum please
Liam.

Thanks Liam this will be the last I have to say on the matter.

Silent2005 said:
De Deej been sarcastic is not helping anyone.
He needs to grow up if not help full then dont remark just leave it be............

I would like to know how this comment is helpful:

God dame it,
The home button on the remote will not work on your images Gav

The the purpose of this thread is for feedback not criticism.

@ Gav and everyone reading this I am sorry for taking over the thread with this issue but I felt it needed to be said as Gav has worked extremely hard over the last month to get this right and it annoys me and probably hi when people who don't realise the effort involved use and abuse.

de_deej

Hahahaahaha De Deej this thread must be realy fustrating you.
Have you nothing better to do with your time, ie like sleep way past your bed time. now run along you small child, up you go and be Silent...

Go on be a mug and reply again you brain less idiot..

Yep.....leave it alone now boys.....i know how frustrating it is to get you point accross on a forum as no one wants to let the other have the last word.....if you carry it on the thread may be closed, if you want to take it further please do so here.... http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=423025#post423025

This thread is for feedback only.

Cheers.

Ps i will look in on other thread to see how the argument is going ;)

thanks loady for that m8 listen up we are all here to share and help one another not put each other down

silent i think when you posted
God dame it, The home button on the remote will not work on your images Gav

that doesnt sound very nice could of put it another way m8 as i did work very hard on this image and everyone wanted it m8 then when i finished it you went and said that m8

i dont think you meant to offend anyone including me but some times you do need to be careful the way you put things across like

can i activate the home key as i am new and dont know how

you would of got a very good responce m8

but lets put it all to one side now and we all can move on from this

cheers

gav12345 said:
silent try unplugging the dbox from mains and use ifa to reflash and the dreaded ch not available error should be gone m8
cheers

Hi, I've just put your image on Gav, used flashfxp to put it on and update through the menu as I've always done.
I'm getting the chan not available error as someone else said, but have no idea what IFA is??
Tried a search of downloads but think that IFA is too short :p

Also pleased that this image lets me record :)

Just the Chan not found prob :(

Edit: found the IFA proggy, but got no null-modem cable handy, might wait to flash it. I really only wanted to see if the recording worked, I've got everything else as I like it :)

Back