fun card auto update fixed

foxybabe said:
hi when i edit the bn11 file in nagra then save it as my bin then use it in my ext on my fun programmer im getting invalid character found at biginning of line error 2 what way is there so that i dont get that error i have followed the easy tut please help thnx
use swapbinhex and convert it 2 hex format and prgram it to ext epp i use cheap programer from tmc

thanks for the fix works great much appreciated!

just rename bn11 to bin as readme says
works ok here!!!!!!
tnx

hmmmmmmm said:
just rename bn11 to bin as readme says
works ok here!!!!!!
tnx

Thats what I did, works fine for me.

hmmmmmmmm if yours said the same then what did u do to over come it i did try swapbinhex dont convert

i dont use funprom to programme my card
it never worked for me
i use the technosat programme v4.00
the programme comes up with the error message
but it allows u 2 programme card ok
tnx

this has all been covered in the massive au funcard thread. make it the same way and use the new flash and int eep files in this release V2.
works ok - takes longer than a mosc to au though LOL about 3 minutes for me.

looks like its been offically released now

foxybabe said:
hmmmmmmmm if yours said the same then what did u do to over come it i did try swapbinhex dont convert

did you drag and drop it on to the swapbinhex icon? if it wont convert then it isnt a bin file?

so i cant programme it with my so called cheap fun programmer i get 2 files in but not the ext ee cause of the error message done very thing but no luck well thnx anyway i guess i keep doing it when keys rolls that i can do.

i did that it did not convert so basically i want to convert a bn11 file to hex it wont convert dont no why so why file is the bn11? its not a bin not a hex

Last edited:
foxybabe said:
so i cant programme it with my so called cheap fun programmer i get 2 files in but not the ext ee cause of the error message done very thing but no luck well thnx anyway i guess i keep doing it when keys rolls that i can do.
i use a cheap fun programer and it works? tell me whats goin wrong n il try n help you?

The-Dogs-Nutts said:
will it work with exC&W....?.....

There are no c&w files included so would think not you could always try and compare version 1 files to version 2 files to see if you can work out the changes required.

C&W are still using the old keyroll method aren't they ?

So these files would be useless for that provider - use the original files !

foxybabe said:
i did that it did not convert so basically i want to convert a bn11 file to hex it wont convert dont no why so why file is the bn11? its not a bin not a hex

rename the .bn11 to .bin

so basically it just like making a atmega on toxic only thing is your just making an image on toxic only with bk and ird is that right

nozzer said:
C&W are still using the old keyroll method aren't they ?

So these files would be useless for that provider - use the original files !

thats correct for the time being

foxybabe said:

This has been covered before on the first version. The bn11 file is a bin file. Its only named like that so that NagraEdit recognises it as a binary Rom11 image. To load it in a programmer as a bin file just rename it with a ".bin" extension.

Swapbinhex type programs only work with ".bin" or ".hex" extensions so if you use this type of program you must rename. Most decent programmers can load in either bin or hex format though.

foxybabe said:
so basically it just like making a atmega on toxic only thing is your just making an image on toxic only with bk and ird is that right

That how it reads, try it and see

Back