FTA HD channels

trancer

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am running VTI 7.0.0 with Rats boutique and while they are listed, I cannot view BBC and ITV HD channels. The EPG shows program info but when I zap to the channel it's just a blank screen, no audio or video. I have tried the FTA HD and Freesat folders but still no joy. I can view them in Simulcast SD so not sure what the issue is. Hopefully it's just something I need to configure.

Any ideas?.

Try looking at the channel info and see if the Frequency and polarization matches what is shown on this website. If it is different you can edit it yourself and that should do the trick. Also try manually retuning and see if you are able to tune and watch those channels in HD. If it still doesnt work it could be a problem with the tuner or the LNB.

Thanks, I will have a look for the channel info. Tuner and LNB should be fine as I was able to load all the FTA (incl HD) stuff when I first got the box before the VTI was loaded.

Couldn't find channel info on this site, but through google found a list on tracksat.com.

When I checked the info on my box for BBC1 HD it came back with

Freq: 10847000
Pol: Vertical
FEC: 8/9
System: DVB-S2
Symbol rate: 23000000

The site listed this:

V
icon_tv.gif
BBC One HD
DVB-S2 23000
8/9 6941

I assume they left off some of the 0s, but it looks the same to me.

Would I bugger the bouquet listing if I did an auto scan?.

Thanks, I will have to leave that one for my techie mate to sort.

Do a channel scan mate hopefully it should bring it in then :)

Thanks for the help. I haven't figured out FTP yet so I will have my mate look at that when I have a chance.

I will do a full channel scan though. I did one when I first got the box, but wasn't sure if it was safe to do so after having the VTI and your bouquet loaded.

The transponder details in the satellites.xml are only used for scanning purposes. If you have transferred Rat's bouquet successfully (you can verify this by checking the date in bouquets), the problem will be alignment, cabling, LNB or tuner related. It won't be software related.

My mate gave me a quick tutorial, but it was a bit overwhelming. Still getting used to the box, but I will give it a go at some point.

On another (original?) note. A channel scan did the trick. I have the missing HD channels and many more I didn't even know I was missing!!.

Thanks again. It did cross my mind many times to do a channel scan, but being new to images and bouquets etc I didn't want to do anything that would rely on a trip to my mate to sheepishly ask for help to sort...again. :proud:

Glad a simple scan sorted it
I dont know why but on the odd occasion on the first transfer of a channel list it needs a scan then on further updates it will be fine :)

there arent really a lot of hd channels that are fta actually

I know, so when I found I was missing half of the little we have to begin with I wasn't amused. :)

Back