fruit machine has died on me....help

sez123

Inactive User
Reaction score
i bought a fruit machine on ebay and it was working fine ...then one day i plugged it in and NOTHING it did nothing ...no noise.....no lights...but there is power going to it thats been checked but why is it not working....tryed to look around forum but no advice on fixing fruit machines.

As davidh has said look for fuses , most machines have a protective metal cover around the psu and the fuses are located inside , maybe you could post back what machine it is and I may be able to get hold of a manual for it

hi all thankyou for replying its called a hurrican one, ill look for fuses.....where are they again

what is psu helppppppppppp....not fuses in power pack cause ive checked ..............lol power supply unit of course immmmm what else guys

problem is if u find a blown fuse there will prob be something else that is faulkty
a fuse is put the to protect the circuit
what i would do is look at all componants for disscolouration, cracks
etc these will prob need replacing
then fix the fuse

plus dont just look for a glass fuse it can look like a cap

fuses

i found all fuses seem to be all working possible some thing might have become disconnected which is stopping every thing elae from working......its a needle ina haystack how much is a acall out fee anyone know............

or a little green pico fuse, normally look like a resistor.

As David says, check the board for damage, but a fuse can blow because its tired;)

its not fuses

well i just had my father in law round hes an electron and all fuses working there is a fuse board in the middle and when he nudged something it all lit up and every thing staterted to work inculding the alarm when we unplugged to turn the alarm off it all stopped workin again...................prodded and pocked but it did work again .................maybe it really is dead now

wiggle

when something was unplugged that wasnt plugged in before everything started working and then the alarm went off cause we had the door open we unplugged at mains switched bk on and it was dead again

The alarm should only sound for a short time , this is usualy an on/off alarm , have another prod around see if you can get it back on and check the alpha display to see if it is showing any error messages

no errors

no error messages showing all dead there are gree lights on the circuit board a row of four i think they are lit up......ive tapped about and it did nt come bk on shall i unplugg the alarm...oh and by the way my alarm is not on and off its continous and loud

sez123 said:
well i just had my father in law round hes an electron and all fuses working there is a fuse board in the middle and when he nudged something it all lit up and every thing staterted to work inculding the alarm when we unplugged to turn the alarm off it all stopped workin again...................prodded and pocked but it did work again .................maybe it really is dead now

Sounds like a dry joint m8. You need a soldering iron and some solder (re-solder any suspect joints, normally near trany and mains fuses due to heat). Make sure its all off before.... Good luck

Back