free wireless router from t/w

phoned tw ordered router but they made me upgrade 4mb or i had to pay for router £60 tried to sell me cards for £20 each there were quite persitant on this but talked my way out of buying cards router will be here within 72hrs

strange my m8 had very similar problem, but he also managed to talk them out of the wireless cards and he,s on 10meg, thought people like him would have no problem but no he was passed from dept to dept and they evenyually said they would put him forward for 1 and if it doesnt go through for any reason they would ring him back and let him know why, i rang and just qouted the free offer and they said ooh yes gave name and address details, thank you very much sir your router will be with you in about 7 days. cheers jon. ps as for ntl cant see any reason the ntl customers shouldnt get them they are all one company now. :Cheers:

Hi everyone,
Just phoned telewest and was told that i would have to upgrade to 4 meg. Im on 2 meg with a discounted offer for a year and it would cost me ten pounds extra a month.... not worth it.

Phoned them this morning - girl just asked if I had a wireless card - I said yes and she is sending out the router in the next 7 days.

Great stuff........................

winner

Just gave them a phone and they will send it tomorrow didn't ask about Cards or anything

Magic thank you:Clap:

soo you have to be new customer and be on 4mb or above to have this offer?

things the dont tell you when u sign up eh i orded mine and also got my monthly unlimited phone broadband and free tv package down to £16.50 a month for 6 month then back to £19.50 after that :mad:)

Hiya

Thanks again to the Op. We got ours about a week ago - a lot faster than they said and it was installed 2 nights ago by my partner.
We have got rid out our crappy router that needed resetting each night and the linksys wireless doodah that crashed virtually every day and (touch plastic keyboard) this hasn't crashed yet!
It also appears to be quicker than the things we had before too as Lost Ep 4 came down pretty darn quick!

Thanks again

Is there a certain number you phone guys,as just noticed this thread:)

I phoned last week said i had to upgrade from 2mb to 4 mb . Told them to turn me telly off right then and would ring back to cancell me broadband .....She then passes me to customer services who say yes we can offer you a free router but we havent got any ,,she says i will try to find one for you and ring you back .....Three days later she rings back and says there is none any were but if you want i will credit your account 20 pounds Apparently this is the price you pay for the router if you dont upgrade still agood deal at a score 'But wot a crock a shit telywest dont have any Routers "20 quid better off ....Paul:Cheers:

wireless router

Anybody get one of these routers. I was told they don't do them anymore as they were not compatible with blueyonder. Or is it only south of the border the offer was for?

I phoned them last night and they told me to phone back at the start of january as the routers they were giving away just now didnt work with certain microsoft updates????????????.

phoned them last week (TW) and got mine within 3 days, no mention of another 12 mths commitment or pc cards..my bro phoned same time and has not yet recieved his, but she took his details.. been with them for yrs and on 4mb..:Cheers:

hi i just got off the phone to TW and they told me that the router they have been using is not compatable with microsoft updates including IE7 but they have taken my name with the promise that they will contact me when they get a router that is compatable.but they also gave a link to netgear and there is supposed to be a way of getting a refund from TW if you send them the reciept if anyone tries this please let me know as i can't afford to risk the money and not get a refund.

My mate called - and was told "Oh no, we are not doing that as all the free ones were faulty and they are all having to come back" !!!!
A parcel of porkies??

Maj

so has anyone tried this with ntl at all.... reason i ask and not just try it myself is the account is in my partners name not mine and she wont call so it has to be worth the argueing to get them to talk to me....

Back