Free Computer (laptop or desktop)

See who the feck funds this? ffs just because me and her indoors are in a job not a high paid job we get feck all its all a load of bollox....

Sorry if it offends anyone but not only will we not be eligible but we will also end up paying for those who can't be arsed to go to work, and then hence making themselves ineligible to receive the offer!!!!!

Really winds me up!!!!!

Apparently you and your Mrs need to go out and graft all day and pay something called tax.
This is then given to others to buy laptops to alleviate the bordom of being out of work.
It's the British way m8.

Curly

Information for parents - Home Access

Information for parents

Are you eligible?
If you are a parent and think you are eligible for a Home Access grant simply call the Home Access Grant Helpline on 0333 200 1004 to get an application form.

Quick eligibility check
Have a look eligibility requirements below. You may be able to qualify for a Home Access grant if you:
• Answer yes to three questions in Section one
AND
• Answer yes to at least one question in Section two

Section One:
Are you a parent or guardian responsible for and living with a child…..
…who is in school years 3 to 9?
…who attends a state-maintained school in England full time**?
…who has not already had a computer from a Home Access Grant or similar programme, such as Computers for Pupils?

Section Two:
Do you receive at least one of the following?
• Free school meals for your child***
• Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income support
• Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and an income of less than £16,040
• Guaranteed Pension Credit (not Savings Credit)
• Income-based Employment Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

i can answer yes to all 3 in section 1 BUT section 2 is a joke.
i get JSA but contribution based NOT income based so they dont quaify for free meals.
the wife gets child tax credit AND earns less than the stated income BUT ALSO gets working tax credit which is a no no.
but could try the assylum card but......

See who the feck funds this? ffs just because me and her indoors are in a job not a high paid job we get feck all its all a load of bollox....

Sorry if it offends anyone but not only will we not be eligible but we will also end up paying for those who can't be arsed to go to work, and then hence making themselves ineligible to receive the offer!!!!!

Really winds me up!!!!!
See how many unemployed have computers and are still going to try a claim a free one ffs, most of the computers will end up in the pawn shop within a week of getting them, BEER MONEY lol

are you sure m8? as i rung them this morning and i qualified for it and i`m in wales not england,the bloke on the phone even read my address back to me?

ok m8 thanx ill get the wife to call tomoz

ok m8 thanx ill get the wife to call tomoz

tryed this morning and they told the wife that because she pays tax (workin tax credit ) we dnt qualify ,so we need you to pay tax so the enemployed can have free stuff . Ffs the system is upside down

This started last year as it was a trial area... we arent entitled to it... bullcrap really..

My sister got 2 tosihiba laptops.. they send you 2 mastercard credit cards to take to the shops... if the laptop is cheaper than the amount on the credit card you have to give the money back...

See how many unemployed have computers and are still going to try a claim a free one ffs, most of the computers will end up in the pawn shop within a week of getting them, BEER MONEY lol

dont always assume peoples circumstances!
ive worked all my adult life until recently as child care became a problem with the job i had.
my kids come 1st so if i get a chance to better them with this laptop offer with educational resources then im damn sure im taking it!
i also payed my taxes for many years so im quite entitled 2 reep the benefits of this while i can before i go back to work!
everyone is different and some who want to work like me cant always get a job that fits around children!

dont always assume peoples circumstances!
ive worked all my adult life until recently as child care became a problem with the job i had.
my kids come 1st so if i get a chance to better them with this laptop offer with educational resources then im damn sure im taking it!
i also payed my taxes for many years so im quite entitled 2 reep the benefits of this while i can before i go back to work!
everyone is different and some who want to work like me cant always get a job that fits around children!

dnt get me wrong m8 good luck to u . all iam trying to say is that after my daugter was born the wife had 5 months after she was born and all we had was letters and phone calls about when r you going back to work . About 3 calls a week and 1 interveiw with job center every 2 weeks . my point is that there are people who dnt work because they dnt want to .my wife was pushed back into work ,so there fore there is 1 person less sucking the govement dry and we are the ones who cant get any benifits from working?

dnt get me wrong m8 good luck to u . all iam trying to say is that after my daugter was born the wife had 5 months after she was born and all we had was letters and phone calls about when r you going back to work . About 3 calls a week and 1 interveiw with job center every 2 weeks . my point is that there are people who dnt work because they dnt want to .my wife was pushed back into work ,so there fore there is 1 person less sucking the govement dry and we are the ones who cant get any benifits from working?
just because certain people are eligable and certain people arent doesnt brand those who are eligable as money sucking lay abouts.
you also tried to claim this offer and because you were refused you have chosen to have a go.
can we all remember who this offers actually apply to and who it benefits...CHILDREN!

just because certain people are eligable and certain people arent doesnt brand those who are eligable as money sucking lay abouts.
you also tried to claim this offer and because you were refused you have chosen to have a go.
can we all remember who this offers actually apply to and who it benefits...CHILDREN!
well said wenchoooo:Clap:

so if you get both family and working tax credit you dont quailfy ??

£500 for a laptop, that's taking the piss. A lot of people will just get rich off this scheme by taking advantage of it.

If the government was so concerned it should have bought a batch of computers directly from the manufacturer (like some countries with the Asus eePC or whatever it is called) and handed them out directly.

£500 for a laptop, that's taking the piss. A lot of people will just get rich off this scheme by taking advantage of it.

If the government was so concerned it should have bought a batch of computers directly from the manufacturer (like some countries with the Asus eePC or whatever it is called) and handed them out directly.

Agree....

I got the kids netbooks just under £200 - they browse the net and have word processers / spreedsheet apps installed etc... more than enough for school work

EDIT - Billy wants to play COD 4, so should make it £1000 for the high spec gaming machine

Last edited:
The ones that are ineligable are just jealous that us money sucking scum can get one. Like above i payed taxes for years and a hell of a lot of them, but due to ill health i cant work so i have to claim, does that make me a money sucking layabout?

Get a grip will you, were not all in it for the massive amounts of money that we dont get!!

Unfortunately children can't choose there parents :(
does that imply that parents receiving benefits are less to there child then a working parent?????????????????

No m8 I was meaning the lazy feckers that can't be arsed to go to work. I know some are on benefits due to redundancies etc.

And as already stated sure some will abuse the freebie.

There wont be many left...as i see asylum seekers can claim for one along with their feckin £1600 a week mansions..suppose they need one ...how else can they keep in touch with their Bin Ladens.

Back