ford transit 52 reg heaters help please

astra99

Inactive User
Reaction score
drove my van home from work today and put heaters on to warm me up, but they did not get hot! just blowing out cold air? anyone know what it could be? my van its a 52 plate transit 2.3 petrol with factory fitted gas conversion
thanks

check all the hoses are hot under the bonnet, there are 2 hoses to the bulkhead if they are hot then its not the thermosat.

I take it you have losed any water from the expansion tank?

thanks for the replys guys, there was no water in the tank lol, i only filled it up a few days ago though so cant understand where all the water has gone, cos there is no water on floor under where i park the van? and to top that off today the starter moter stopped working, is that easy to fix myself or is it in a hard place to get to? thanks

Right atleast you know why the heater is cold. first thing the starter motor isnt that hard to do but it depends how good you are really :banana:

Just check it for black/silver bits inside the teeth, if it has then the dual mass flywheel is failing, but i aint sure if it does have one tbh.

When thats sorted you need to fill the tank up above the max and warm up the engine, put the heater on hot and slow speed and it should bleed out the airlock, check all pipes are getting hot then top up tank and cap it.

Hopefully the head gasket hasnt gone, then have to find out where the water is going, I do know the egr valve can fail and leak water into the oil.

Jason :proud:

cheers for that m8, a mechanic put my van on computer a while back and did say it brought up the egr valve, but would that make it lose loads of water? how can i tell for sure if its the head gasket or not? i hope its not, once ive located a new starter motor and fitted it i will be back and thanks once again m8 :)

tbh mate im not a transit man but not all egr valves have water running tho them, and the one i was thinking of was diesel and yours in petrol. ill check and see if i can find out what egr valve you have fitted.

First i would check the dipstick and see if it looks like oil or maybe over the mark, umm just a thought you sure you starter has gone? coz with losing that amount of water it could be inside the pistons and not allow it to turn over (not trying to scar you ). I think the best thing to do is remove the spark plugs and turn it over, if water pissis out then head off, if not then least you would know. you not got rac or aa ??

tbh mate im not a transit man but not all egr valves have water running tho them, and the one i was thinking of was diesel and yours in petrol. ill check and see if i can find out what egr valve you have fitted.

First i would check the dipstick and see if it looks like oil or maybe over the mark, umm just a thought you sure you starter has gone? coz with losing that amount of water it could be inside the pistons and not allow it to turn over (not trying to scar you ). I think the best thing to do is remove the spark plugs and turn it over, if water pissis out then head off, if not then least you would know. you not got rac or aa ??

got to be the starter motor cos i got a couple of people to give us a push in the van and it bump started lol, ill try that with the spark plugs out at the weekend or when ive fitted a new starter motor anyway lol, so can i just take one spark plug out and turn it over? to see if water comes out, cheers :)

would this fit on my van? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-GALAXY-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c152529d7

Last edited:
Back