For ppl who signed upto Sky Half Price deal last year on DW

lol, by time I get home from work i'm knackered and cant be arsed waiting in a queue listening to piped music :)

8 min in the queue and 10 mins talking to be told 25% is best they can do :( I'll sit it out and hopefully they will ring me with the 50% off

Who did you speak to make sure you go through to terminations and not customer service

Well tomorrow is the last day of notice, had year 1/2 price and 6 months 3/4 price, cancelled when no new deal offered, I’ve had no phone call and have stated on feed back form prepared to let them call me.
Going to have a break now and look at what virgin have to offer as have broadband and phone with them, convinced family to live without for now to see how much we miss it before making a final decision, may even take a look over the fence at the darkside if I can find the time ;-)

get yourself a dreambox mate and find yourself a server, all channels at a fraction of the proper price ;)

mine was up in september too, think im gunna have to cancel it and see if i can get half price for another year or 6 month even!

get yourself a dreambox mate and find yourself a server, all channels at a fraction of the proper price ;)
Working away again at the mo, plus family at that age where there never in, hence not happy paying full price, will have a look next week, ta.
So as not to go off topic could you pm me some articles to look at for a noob?

mines up and no half price :( only 25% off or £60 for everything, tv, phone and bb which is quite good. but dont want to really leave virgin bb..

so need to decide now

I ended up going back to VM, got a blinding deal... 20mb BB/M Phone/XL TV - 2 x 500gb Tivo's & 1 V box £48.90 + £49 activation. Only £23 more than was paying for 10mb BB

looks like i might be moving back to VM.

But they keep offering me 20mb but on the net it shows that they dont do 20mb :s 30mb ?

looks like i might be moving back to VM.

But they keep offering me 20mb but on the net it shows that they dont do 20mb :s 30mb ?

I went up to 20mb with them last month, can keep your old cable modem & your own wireless router (they'll send you one for a fiver postage I think if you ain't got one). Don't need to take the SUPERhub (??) that way.
HH.

Update:- 1 month on.
Today a letter dropped on to the door mat from Sky with an offer for half price TV for 12 months, exactly as the original deal, (half price plus HD fee), oh happy days just in time for Christmas!

Last edited:
well mine ran out last month and i forgot so phoned up just to see what they can offer and guess what i got offered free phone line rental so looks like im off to vermin again the poor woman on the phone was actually really shocked that thats all they had to offer on my file after 2 years with them

can anyone tell me i was about to cancel and they told me that if i cancelled and did not want to keep my number there was no going back is that right ?

well deal was up and phoned them but no offers at all...so have cancelled, ends mid Jan and hopefully they will call after that and offer something.

well deal was up and phoned them but no offers at all...so have cancelled, ends mid Jan and hopefully they will call after that and offer something.

It took about a month after the last day of service for me, it may be an automated thing to be honest as i got a second card through the door yesterday offering the same as the first card, which i took them up on!

I need to get off my arse and get another deal sorted out as I'm now paying full whack again.

I cancelled mine and took a new contract out in mrs's name when we moved house. Get an email through every few months offering me half price to go back. Hopefully get one in March when the current contract expires.

Rung a few days back and they offered me nothing. So cancelled! I'll find myself a nice cheap pay server in the new year, or get a TiVo box.

Back