For ppl who signed upto Sky Half Price deal last year on DW

6 months @ half-price sounds good, I'd jump at that. Not sure why they need you to phone back at the end of the month though? Are you tied into a contract again (longer than 30 days)?
HH.

what he told me was that if he started the deal today i would lose out a month as the 6 months would start today...

he did say that he has put a note on the system to say that i phoned today to cancel, so that when i phone back the next person to answer the phone whould just look at my account and put me on deal straight away.....

just 6 monthes he said and just ring up again in 6 monthes and try and get another 6 months as he tried to get me another 12 monthes but he wasnt aloud too..

Just off the phone there, used this freefone number & worked ok, half-price for 6 months here too. Could have been better but could have been worse. No contract so same as others phone in 6 months to try for another deal.
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just off the phone there, used this freefone number & worked ok, half-price for 6 months here too. Could have been better but could have been worse. No contract so same as others phone in 6 months to try for another deal.
HH.

glad you got the same as me mate...

they must be giving to anyone who rings up to get the cost of the box and installation back.

Last edited by a moderator:
they wouldnt move on a offer when i phoned yesterday, best the woman could do was a fiver off full sub for 12 months lol

ill keep trying

cheers

osborne82

Rang Sky again,

tele 08000512597 (free phone number)

Went to the "thinking about leaving option"

Said about the prices and how i was offered a better deal via VM which worked out at £37 a month for all the channels, sport, HD fee included but without the movies. If i stayed with sky would be £52 a month for the same deal.

So said im looking for the best alround option, I do think sky is amazing when it comes to what they show in HD, sport etc. But I didn't really watch the films, as tends to be repeats and if i want to watch the latest stuff i can buy off Boxoffice. ok, A little white lie as i'll download stuff from the web lol

But just said with how things are money wise, bills seem to be going up and my wages are staying the same. im gonna be looking for what i can afford. It's not like im lying about that. Said i could use the money i saved towards my house or car insurance.
he did say that as im in the last month, that it's better to ring up at the start of the next month (Dec), as might get some kind of a deal.
But i said, if i wait till next month where it'll be a rolling contract, i'll pay the full price of £52 and i wanna see if you can offer somethink on the scale of VM. Otherwise i will be closing my account as they have the deal i want.

So he came back with an offer of £38 for the first 6 months then would be £41 for the other 6 months.

Tbh i wasn't really expecting for them to come to offer on the terms i want, So i took the offer up so over the course of a year

what i would of paid with sky for a year £624
Now i'll pay £470 for a year. Which is a saving of £154 *+ 40 when football season ends. so including when i cancel sports for 2 months knocks it upto just under £200 saving

As im in the last month of my deal, to take up this new offer, the old one had to be cancelled, so that took a bit of time about 5 minutes. so just talked about 3D, films bit of footie.
I brought up how i also would like to have the option to cancel the sport when the football season ends, to save money. Which he made a note of and was completely fine with and it wouldn't affect my current offer. So come april time, just give sky a bell, and turn off the sports till the football season starts up again. so that will save me another £40

More of a better result compaired to what i got offered yesterday. So i firmly believe it's better to talk to the cancellation team if you wanna work out a deal. As people in other departments, aren't warm to giving you offers.
But don't go into it gun ho as the person you talk with could just say, ok and decide to go ahead and cancel you.

What he did say is that usually any half price deals are done to customers after 18 months. so he gave the impression, when i come to talk about a deal next year, the option could be on the table.

I hope what i've wrote helps people in trying to get a deal that suits them with Sky.
Wish you guys luck on hitting out some deals with Sky

my ladys mum been with sky 19 years she pays 40 pounds she dont get all movies or none sports i phoned them up offered me 1 pound off yes 1 pound off we leaving in jan going go down phone that no in min see wot they say
she wants all channals but sports wot deal think i should go for

well rang them up got half price for 6 months free hd box free install with new mini dish etc free 12 months hd also and she dont have to pay bill till feb
it was due next week so not bad deal at all that no didnt work for me but i ranf the no it gave me by riming that no btw do they give you hd lead with them new hd boxes btw got free sky+ to she told me that was free anyway didnt know that i thort it was a tenner month

well rang them up got half price for 6 months free hd box free install with new mini dish etc free 12 months hd also and she dont have to pay bill till feb
it was due next week so not bad deal at all that no didnt work for me but i ranf the no it gave me by riming that no btw do they give you hd lead with them new hd boxes btw got free sky+ to she told me that was free anyway didnt know that i thort it was a tenner month

yes mate, they suppy you with a hdmi cable :proud:

Rang Sky again,

tele 08000512597 (free phone number)

Went to the "thinking about leaving option"

Said about the prices and how i was offered a better deal via VM which worked out at £37 a month for all the channels, sport, HD fee included but without the movies. If i stayed with sky would be £52 a month for the same deal.

So said im looking for the best alround option, I do think sky is amazing when it comes to what they show in HD, sport etc. But I didn't really watch the films, as tends to be repeats and if i want to watch the latest stuff i can buy off Boxoffice. ok, A little white lie as i'll download stuff from the web lol

But just said with how things are money wise, bills seem to be going up and my wages are staying the same. im gonna be looking for what i can afford. It's not like im lying about that. Said i could use the money i saved towards my house or car insurance.
he did say that as im in the last month, that it's better to ring up at the start of the next month (Dec), as might get some kind of a deal.
But i said, if i wait till next month where it'll be a rolling contract, i'll pay the full price of £52 and i wanna see if you can offer somethink on the scale of VM. Otherwise i will be closing my account as they have the deal i want.

So he came back with an offer of £38 for the first 6 months then would be £41 for the other 6 months.

Tbh i wasn't really expecting for them to come to offer on the terms i want, So i took the offer up so over the course of a year

what i would of paid with sky for a year £624
Now i'll pay £470 for a year. Which is a saving of £154 *+ 40 when football season ends. so including when i cancel sports for 2 months knocks it upto just under £200 saving

As im in the last month of my deal, to take up this new offer, the old one had to be cancelled, so that took a bit of time about 5 minutes. so just talked about 3D, films bit of footie.
I brought up how i also would like to have the option to cancel the sport when the football season ends, to save money. Which he made a note of and was completely fine with and it wouldn't affect my current offer. So come april time, just give sky a bell, and turn off the sports till the football season starts up again. so that will save me another £40

More of a better result compaired to what i got offered yesterday. So i firmly believe it's better to talk to the cancellation team if you wanna work out a deal. As people in other departments, aren't warm to giving you offers.
But don't go into it gun ho as the person you talk with could just say, ok and decide to go ahead and cancel you.

What he did say is that usually any half price deals are done to customers after 18 months. so he gave the impression, when i come to talk about a deal next year, the option could be on the table.

I hope what i've wrote helps people in trying to get a deal that suits them with Sky.
Wish you guys luck on hitting out some deals with Sky

Glad you got sorted, I think it all depends on the person on the other end of the phone. I phoned them to see what deal they would do for me as i was paying £42 for full package apart from movies, they told me nothing so that was that, when i come off the phone i was pretty p1ssed off as i have been with sky for years so i phoned up and told them i was leaving, after i told them the reason the girl on the other end of the phone told me my custom was very valuble so they will give me the full package with movies and sports for £37pm for 12 month, she asked me " was i happy with that" mmmmmm let me think!!!!!! good deal i thought.
I told my brother this and he tried the same thing but told at present no deal is available, so i think it's just luck of the draw.....

Tomo

I told my brother this and he tried the same thing but told at present no deal is available, so i think it's just luck of the draw.....

Tomo

I agree with you on that, come down to luck more than anythink. all depends who you speak with and if they wanna play ball. Plus i think each person has a set number of deals they can offer in 1 day, once gone then won't offer any more.
I know a large number of people who have had Sky for years and are happy to pay the full cost of the packages they have from Sky. Not even bothered about trying to get a cheaper deal. Lets face it, sky have 3 million people paying the HD sub at a £10 a month. I personally won't pay for HD and told Sky that. As i felt i was being charged again to watch a channel in HD. But im sure others are happy to pay it.
But we live in a competitive market so people should look for a deal that suits them best.

I agree with you on that, come down to luck more than anythink. all depends who you speak with and if they wanna play ball. Plus i think each person has a set number of deals they can offer in 1 day, once gone then won't offer any more.
I know a large number of people who have had Sky for years and are happy to pay the full cost of the packages they have from Sky. Not even bothered about trying to get a cheaper deal. Lets face it, sky have 3 million people paying the HD sub at a £10 a month. I personally won't pay for HD and told Sky that. As i felt i was being charged again to watch a channel in HD. But im sure others are happy to pay it.
But we live in a competitive market so people should look for a deal that suits them best.

This is true mate, they do have a quota that they can work too and they also get commision so the bigger the package the more money they get!!!

I am also with you on the HD payment, you buy the box, pay subs, so why should we have to pay £10pm to watch it!!!!! p1sses me off.

The thing is bud, if your legit you get punnished, no wonder we look at altenatives!!!!

Tomo

The thing is bud, if your legit you get punnished, no wonder we look at altenatives!!!!

Tomo

with you on that and i don't blame people looking into CS etc. Money is very tight at the moment, with everyone. I've love to look into the CS option, as they are boxes knocking about mine. But the wife won't let me lol, says ppl are going get done, then SKY will blacklist you for life.
She does have a point sadly, i personally would be worked if i had a sub with a CS server over the net and they got busted, as your ISP would be logged etc.
I think the only sure fire way to CS, would be to do it with 5-10 family and trusted friends. Set up your own system etc.

i logged onto mysky today and saw an invoice for next months viewing (1st full monthly charge after initial 12 months @ half price) for £61-00

wtf

i duly phoned up to cancel ........ anyway after hearing that all they could offer me was a half price for 6 months + HD subscription (£35-00+) i said i still wanted to cancel and i that i was looking to try out freesat HD, the chap on the phone ummed and arred, and then came up with a package that didnt include the HD subscription after all. lol

so for £26(ish) a month i have the same package i have now, less a HD subscription, for 6 months with the option to upgrade back to HD if im not happy with the SD quality

im happy with that, my tv seems to do a great job with SD channels anyway
:)

i logged onto mysky today and saw an invoice for next months viewing (1st full monthly charge after initial 12 months @ half price) for £61-00

wtf

i duly phoned up to cancel ........ anyway after hearing that all they could offer me was a half price for 6 months + HD subscription (£35-00+) i said i still wanted to cancel and i that i was looking to try out freesat HD, the chap on the phone ummed and arred, and then came up with a package that didnt include the HD subscription after all. lol

so for £26(ish) a month i have the same package i have now, less a HD subscription, for 6 months with the option to upgrade back to HD if im not happy with the SD quality

im happy with that, my tv seems to do a great job with SD channels anyway
:)

after reading your post I looked at my next months bill....£80 :(
full works
HD
espn
multiroom
so phoned up and could not get anything until mine runs out next week, I had called last month and they told me the same, no deal until contract runs out so will call back next week. the girl i spoke to said the 6 months deal was still on offer to those out of contract but does not know when they will stop it (if they do)

Just called again as my discount expired today, offered the 50% off + £10 for the HD without any fuss. so £35.50pm for 6 months with no tie in at all.

i dont know why we should have to pay for HD

it is free on FTA and freesat

I have to give my notice after the new year! More than likely will go on basic pack to keep sky plus running and anytime.

Last edited:
I after give my notice after the new year! More than likely will go on basic pack to keep sky plus running and anytime.

That was my intention when I went on the phone mate. The 1/2 price deal he gave me was either 50p cheaper or more expensive than the basic sub so I took the 6 months 1/2 price deal.
HH.

That was my intention when I went on the phone mate. The 1/2 price deal he gave me was either 50p cheaper or more expensive than the basic sub so I took the 6 months 1/2 price deal.
HH.

hello mate..

did you phone up on the day or the day after your sub ran out :proud:

nice one getting another 6 month out of them :Clap:

Back