Flashing Problems

Tobycat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Am I just having a bad day or wot ?

My aim is to install Gemini 4.3 + Cccm

First I tried running Flash Wizard V6.3. I know I connected to the box because I was able to reboot (software reset) and save existing services to my HDD.

When I tried doing a back-up of the current image, I got a message saying "Not (yet) supported on DM7020". Then I tried flashin an image - and got the same message.

So I reverted to Dreamup. When I clicked "connect" I got the message 'unable to open com port'. I got this message either before connecting any cables or after.

Can anyone help or should I just head for the nearest river ?

I remember a bug of sorts in flash wizard that would give an error - 'this image is not supported' etc. I think it happened when you dragged and drop the image...actually like it asks you to do. Try browsing to it instead, if not, I have an older version than yours which worked for me for more than a year.

Hi Doc. Yes, I tried using the browse option without success. Strange that I can backup my services and connect with Telnet, but not use the flashing part of the software.

strange, maybe worth trying an older version just to check. i'll have a little look to see what one i was using.

I've attached the version that worked for me, V6.0, RC1. Maybe worth a try.

Back