Flashing failed (!!!010 invalid image(or old version)) box will be unusable

It happen so quick you may not see it small file.

Press firmware info on the flash page and see what bootloader it states your running now.
ok think i found issue, just used dcc and it cant connect to box saying 'login failed' ??

think you need to start from beginning mate

if followed above info should have worked read it again & start afresh

think you need to start from beginning mate

if followed above info should have worked read it again & start afresh
Done it time and time again on sunray flashup, web using 3 different browsers, and get nothin, is there an old image I can get for boot loader ssl75? To try starting the process

not if your using sunray flash button on back it does basically the same

Yes if your flashing via web interface it is the only way your 500 will get an IP given to it.
ok so it dont make sense how i have never done that before yet i still had an ip address?
i thought maybe by holding that button it may have entered flash mode or summat but i guess not, as i already have the ip address to get to the web interface page that first step is im guessing irrelevant.
so basically sunray wont flash it, dreamup wont flash it, web interfae wont flash it do i have any other options?

ok so it dont make sense how i have never done that before yet i still had an ip address?
i thought maybe by holding that button it may have entered flash mode or summat but i guess not, as i already have the ip address to get to the web interface page that first step is im guessing irrelevant.
so basically sunray wont flash it, dreamup wont flash it, web interfae wont flash it do i have any other options?

Can you give me a screen shot of the web interface your getting ? Becuase holding and keeping the button pressed does give you the flash page the ip could be totally different to the one the image may show you.

Im sure your on the standard web interface and not the flash firmware page.

At the end of the day if you dont get the bootloader flashed by any means you have browser of Sunray flashup your going to get no where and im just repeating myself.

Can you get to this page

0c5d92fa6ef8c720c53788f2239080ea.jpg

And this

3d2a1fb101e9ef11db59b9759b931b5e.jpg

Attachments

• 3d2a1fb101e9ef11db59b9759b931b5e.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Can you get to this page

0c5d92fa6ef8c720c53788f2239080ea.jpg

And this

Yes using the ip given by my internet router to the dreambox I get that page, I press flash upgrade and get the second page you show, I browse for the Nfi file for the boot loader and press the flash button shown on your screen shot but nothing happens, I get no upload progress bar nothin
If it flashed surly I'd see something, or the boot loader on the previous page would read boot loader 84?

flashing bootloader is finished in a second or two

you may miss it as not always gives flashing finished notice @least for me

if i were you ad flash bootloader then flash image & try a reboot

Yes using the ip given by my internet router to the dreambox I get that page, I press flash upgrade and get the second page you show, I browse for the Nfi file for the boot loader and press the flash button shown on your screen shot but nothing happens, I get no upload progress bar nothin
If it flashed surly I'd see something, or the boot loader on the previous page would read boot loader 84?

How you get to that page without holding in the front button and powering on may mean there is a fault.

It should as Alimac states take second but yes the page should report after a reboot your on 84 and its not. Have you tried different browsers and have you tried loading the bin file version with Sunray flashUP and just a mini USB cable ?

Ive uploaded 84 as a test see if this one will flash.

Attachments

• sim2_500HD_ssl84B.rar
    343.5 KB · Views: 16
How you get to that page without holding in the front button and powering on may mean there is a fault.

It should as Alimac states take second but yes the page should report after a reboot your on 84 and its not. Have you tried different browsers and have you tried loading the bin file version with Sunray flashUP and just a mini USB cable ?

Will try that boot loader, sunray does not recognise bin files, or is there another sunray flasher that accepts bin files, I'll see if I need to reset my ip again and try both ways and report back within the next hour I so

ok have flashed that bootloader and looks like a succsess :) thanks
i now see this screen
new screen.jpg
so im guesing it worked and other bootloader may be a corrupt file, so from the file you sent me im guessing im using bootloader 84b? which files can i use on this that you reccommednd?
many thanks

You can use a 84b image but try this 84d bootloader first
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1063/

If you can update to that then you can use the latest images in the download section as well as the inspiral image you was going to use.
ok flashed image you just sent and it sent box back to bootloader 79??? now struggling to get it back to 84b, when i do get it to there where can i get an image for 84b? is there a decent one on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok flashed image you just sent and it sent box back to bootloader 79??? now struggling to get it back to 84b, when i do get it to there where can i get an image for 84b? is there a decent one on here?

I didnt send you an image it was a bootloader and was checked here before i linked it.

84b images

download
Download

You need 84d before youll get a decent image.

Back