problems flashing image

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,I have dm800se clone sim 210 ssl84b.

I would like to install OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800se-DAILYBUILD by gjstroom or any clean openpli image
as a nice clean openpli image and add my own stuff to it(customize)
I am getting the old or invalid image error everytime i try to flash this image(latest).
I am using sunray flashup and i flash bootloader first then the image then bootloader again normally but not in this case as image not loading.
I have tried loads of times but the same error when flashing openpli error old or invalid image...

so what am i doing wrong.I have tried to flash through browser but i can not connect to box for some reason so using mini usb cable to box and computer.

reboot your router which your box is connected to, press power button on front of box and switch on from back until stop and ip address shows up on front panel,type that into browser, is you get web interface hit ctrl f5 to clear cache should now show flash page, flash image then boot loader and reboot should be that simple.

so what am i doing wrong.I have tried to flash through browser but i can not connect to box for some reason so using mini usb cable to box and computer.

thought this was only for unbricking a box didn't know you could flash this way.

thought this was only for unbricking a box didn't know you could flash this way.

Hi Napster thanks for your advice..I don't have a brick i just want to put on a clean pli image.I get the web flash page up no problem load the image but nothing happens when i click "FLASH"..when i do as you suggested i do not get the box ip address after STOP for some reason so i am cable flashing with sunray flashup.I have no problem flashing any other image just pli for some reason gives me the "old or invalid image" error everytime...I have no idea why as i flashed a couple of other images as test(merlin 3,dbuk 2.1.2) and went on no bother all was good.

if you get old image then
flash ssl then image m80 you might even try ssl-image-ssl and it should work np
if your trying it on a dm800hd use
openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130216-sim2-ssl84b-dOOds-Backup from downloads it works great

if you get old image then
flash ssl then image m80 you might even try ssl-image-ssl and it should work np
if your trying it on a dm800hd use
openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130216-sim2-ssl84b-dOOds-Backup from downloads it works great

I always do that anyway.I have dm800se clone sim 210 ssl84b

Back