[DM800HD] INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) when flashing

it was null modem cable after all

right so correct me if I am wrong I now need to use dreamup - flash 84b ssl first then flash a image

latest bootloader is 84d flash bootloader then image without rebooting inbetween is way i do it

take it you recover box to a flashing state

flashed ssl now flashing image, as its over serial takes an hour to upload it

could have used browser if you got box sorted a few minutes all thats needed but as long as sorted thats the good bit

still no luck with dreamup

flashed boot loader then image and got error about old version

anything else I can try

flash bootloader 84D using browser no reboot then flash image thats on 84D then optional flash bootloader 84D again & reboot

flash bootloader 84D using browser no reboot then flash image thats on 84D then optional flash bootloader 84D again & reboot

done that like 20 times but when I go to flash the image in IE I get the error message about old version - as per my original post.

seen that but should work try other browsers never failed me

gone a bit further .. flashed SSL 72 with DreamUP and now get to stage on front panel where it says STOP with a dhcp address, now need to find a image for SSL 72 - think going to 84D was causing loads of issues

try going from 76c then 84 what bootloader did you have working?

gone a bit further .. flashed SSL 72 with DreamUP and now get to stage on front panel where it says STOP with a dhcp address, now need to find a image for SSL 72 - think going to 84D was causing loads of issues

Are you sure its a a sim 2 sim ?

If you sure try 84 or 84 b see how you go as long as you get a 84 ssl on it dosent matter which one you can then flash a 84d image.

Are you sure its a a sim 2 sim ?

If you sure try 84 or 84 b see how you go as long as you get a 84 ssl on it dosent matter which one you can then flash a 84d image.

best method to find out SIM version ? from the CA error I got it did say SIM 201 - or was that a false information

summit strange going on mate when you took sim out box did it give any hints ?

if it said sim 2.01on screen i guess that would be correct

best method to find out SIM version ? from the CA error I got it did say SIM 201 - or was that a false information

What did the sim look like when you cleaned it ? White with a gold hologram on the top or just plain white with some balck lettering on it ?

What did the sim look like when you cleaned it ? White with a gold hologram on the top or just plain white with some balck lettering on it ?

if I remember correctly just plain white with no markings or anything

if I remember correctly just plain white with no markings or anything

Its either sim 1 then or Ferrari most probably sim 1 which kind of explains all the problems you have had. I should of clicked earlier but it wasn't till you said it would only except a 72 the penny dropped.

Its either sim 1 then or Ferrari most probably sim 1 which kind of explains all the problems you have had. I should of clicked earlier but it wasn't till you said it would only except a 72 the penny dropped.

same here, the SIM 201 CA error on the front panel was false so I like you was assuming it was SIM 2.01 but as you say SIM 1

Can I replace the SIM with a a newer version and how much for a SIM.

same here, the SIM 201 CA error on the front panel was false so I like you was assuming it was SIM 2.01 but as you say SIM 1

Can I replace the SIM with a a newer version and how much for a SIM.

You can yes id go with a sim 2 sim there is the Japhar sim but you onle seem to see OpenPLI images for it.

never twigged about sim either oh dear @least you have answer now mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back