[DM800HD] INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) when flashing

well box is going in bin now

Dont do that mate to recover this you need a null modem cable connected and a ether net cable.

Make sure you flash the correct image for your sim follow this guide.

1 Connect both cables powered off
2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the romote IP shown on the 800LCD

Page will open as per bellow and then you chose the option Update Firmware.

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to

10 --- When it finishes you can click the back button of your browser so we can then send in the bl82 do not reboot

11 Browse and select the SSL82 for your DM800SE Clone

12 --- Once again Click Flash

13 -- After finishing click Reboot. In Most case you will need to do so manually

Box will then reboot and come back to life with image we chose to load. Then you can load your Patched image of your coice as box is functional again

Dont do that mate to recover this you need a null modem cable connected and a ether net cable.

Make sure you flash the correct image for your sim follow this guide.

1 Connect both cables powered off
2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the romote IP shown on the 800LCD

Page will open as per bellow and then you chose the option Update Firmware.

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to

10 --- When it finishes you can click the back button of your browser so we can then send in the bl82 do not reboot

11 Browse and select the SSL82 for your DM800SE Clone

12 --- Once again Click Flash

13 -- After finishing click Reboot. In Most case you will need to do so manually

Box will then reboot and come back to life with image we chose to load. Then you can load your Patched image of your coice as box is functional again

done all that about 30 odd times but the box never gets detected. When I switch on the DM800 the front display shows No CA Found so cant even use the HTTP method

try japher flasher should be able to recover

been a while but never failed to recover box yet

Starting to think you have a serial port problem or the cable is not a null modem cable.

that's my thought here, going to order a new one today. the cable is null modem as used it before to recover DM500

- - - Updated - - -

have you tried NCF Repair Tool

no not tried that one, will give it a go

if used cable before then no need for a new one can you access other pc to try

if used cable before then no need for a new one can you access other pc to try

only other is a laptop with Windows 7 but no serial port, this desktop I have used a few times - I set it up with XP for such a purpose, to flash DM500 and Skybox using Null modem cable and never had issues before

anyone willing to see if they can flash it for me if I send box off or better if you local to west Yorkshire I can pop over with the box

you have the tools needed so pointing to box issue then ? but wouldnt give up

The cable may be faulty, did a loop back test on the null modem cable and it fails

I managed to get a usb to serial and connected it to my laptop running Windows 7

DreamUp detects the DM800 now but nothing else

however using NCF Repair Tool I get this error

Power ON DB Device [ESC to Abort]
Operation Start at: 20:35:54
DM800HD Detected !
Wrong Boot Response!

any ideas what to do next

I managed to get a usb to serial and connected it to my laptop running Windows 7

DreamUp detects the DM800 now but nothing else

however using NCF Repair Tool I get this error

Power ON DB Device [ESC to Abort]
Operation Start at: 20:35:54
DM800HD Detected !
Wrong Boot Response!

any ideas what to do next

Wrong Boot Response can mean a problem with this sim remove clean and try again. It can also mean a communication problem.

Wrong Boot Response can mean a problem with this sim remove clean and try again. It can also mean a communication problem.

hoe easy is it to remove sim and clean it ?

Pop your nail in the hinged lid part of the sim holder and gently push back to the hinged. Bit like on older type mobile phones.

Very delicate be careful.

done that .. still same problem

ordered a new null modem cable from amazon so should be here tomorrow

Back