(FIX) FunCard Working - s/w 3.7

abh

Inactive User
Reaction score
WORKING FunCard (Normal) Method
==========================

Ok, this is not a new fix, but i can confirm that the Normal (non-AU) FunCard method works.

Have tried this on 2 boxes and both are working.

IMPORTANT: You may need to leave the card in a while to start working, BUT WILL WORK.

I used three files which are attached in the .zip file.

1. RST_FlashGen.exe (this generate the flash file, containing the BoxKey and IRD)

2. RST_InteepGen.exe (This generates the IntEEprom based on the KEYS you specify in the keys.cfg, so edit the keys.cfg first) This will generate the IntEEprom for each area, just use the one relevant to you.

3. keys.cfg (edit this in notepad or another text editor to manually enter the KEYS. I've already entered the keys for TW, PrueNTL and ExCW areas, but you should double check).

No ExtEEprom is used for the Normal FunCard.

Credit goes to the original post which provided the files. Will credit them as soon as i find the post.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried that method and i am getting the freeview channels but not the others the message says "sorry you havent subscribed to this service" any ideas

Ok, this is not a new fix, but i can confirm that the Normal (non-AU) FunCard method works.

IMPORTANT: You may need to leave the card in a while to start working, BUT WILL WORK.

1. RST_FlashGen.exe (this generate the flash file, containing the BoxKey and IRD)

2. RST_InteepGen.exe (This generates the IntEEprom based on the KEYS you specify in the keys.cfg, so edit the keys.cfg first) This will generate the IntEEprom for each area, just use the one relevant to you.

3. keys.cfg (edit this in notepad or another text editor to manually enter the KEYS. I've already entered the keys for TW, PrueNTL and ExCW areas, but you should double check).

Credit goes to the original post which provided the files. Will credit them as soon as i find the post.

Enjoy!

what where the box models you got it working on m8 ????

They were Pace 4000's.

Check the keys, if they ok then you may just need to give it some time.

I initially thought the method didn't work and gave up on it leaving the card in the box. I realised the follow day that the channels were on.

Not sure how long you will have to wait. I did a second box today and it worked straightaway.

hope this helps.

if i am thinking right
all u are doing is putting the keys in to make it open channels is that correct

lol this bloke likes to get around hes posting this on a few forums now lol.

So you will just need to update the keys?

Last edited:
Its just an rst fun david i think

yes thats all it is m8............only seems to work on some pace models though

i cant see this working on the samsungs or the s/atlantas though {maybe thats why the chaos flash came about originaly}

its a temp fix for the funcards, until someone can fix the auto-update.

the keys dont auto-update, you will have to redo (recreate the IntEEprom) when the the keys change.

yes thats all it is m8............only seems to work on some pace models though

i cant see this working on the samsungs or the s/atlantas though {maybe thats why the chaos flash came about originaly}
3.7 hasn't got to my area yet benny so i can't really try anything but your probably right about the sammy's and s/a's

3.7 hasn't got to my area yet benny so i can't really try anything but your probably right about the sammy's and s/a's

This is old news and has been posted before. old manual hexes work.

Why don't people put more effort into fixing the funau?

It honestly is not that hard.

Is it something to do with a timing issue mate ? like i said it hasn't got here yet so i know bug**r all about it

This is old news and has been posted before. old manual hexes work.

Why don't people put more effort into fixing the funau?

It honestly is not that hard.
You've posted similar replies a couple of times now hackmax, why not give them some pointers?, these " i know but you don't" digs do jack to help them.

The majority of questions regarding this problem in the cable section are from newbies desperate only to get their box working, they are struggling to program a funcard, let alone find the flaw in the flash.

It is pathetically easy to fault find logically on a power supply provided you know what you are doing. I do, but a large number of forum members don't. I have tried to guide many through the process over the years.
Should I have instead said that they should put more effort into learning cos its' not that hard?

This is a forum mate and imo your post wasn't at all helpful to these guys.

Chookey

hi, if you can get a hold of the files referred to in the first post, then just input your ird and bk in the flash and input keys in the cfg and it should work,although as stated the latest keys are already there, i did this and all channels came on..obviously this is only a temp' fix until keys change or when vm roll out this new software.

Last edited:
External Link to Files:

Last edited by a moderator:
but its still not in the section I linked you too :(

Enjoy!

Hi All,

@abh If this is the software I think it might be why did you know give credit to the Author?
As I do believe it's Speccys Version of RstGen + etc

Back