Finally Given up with tm800hd

sharpman

Inactive User
Reaction score
so far i`ve tried every single image for the tm800hd, they all lasted about a week then the box reboots with green screen and its stuck in a loop.

i`m think of getting a spider box, even the tm9100 i used to have never crashed half as many times as the tm800hd

Or just wait a few weeks for another image to be released as the source code has now become public... If you keep getting green screen it is possible your running out of memory or theres a conflict somewhere.

There are many stable images even the last UR_Team image has never given me green screen until I installed too many skins that didnt even work.

Your choice but I would wait until the end of the month atleast. In the mean time try a complete factory reset flash with latest UR image and only install what you need.

Off topic but 24 posts since 2008?

Or just wait a few weeks for another image to be released as the source code has now become public... If you keep getting green screen it is possible your running out of memory or theres a conflict somewhere.

There are many stable images even the last UR_Team image has never given me green screen until I installed too many skins that didnt even work.

Your choice but I would wait until the end of the month atleast. In the mean time try a complete factory reset flash with latest UR image and only install what you need.

Off topic but 24 posts since 2008?

i put the latest UR image on today around 10am this morning, so far ok, but we`ll see in 7 days time. ?

I think you maybe having problems with EPG plugin downloading too much data, if you can reduce it to 3 days and to update and 5am for example.

Thats if your using rytek but figure out whats causing the problems you really need to state what plugins you have installed... and possibly upload crash log

Or tell us how much you want for it ;)

For all its idiosyncrasies I love mine and I'd consider swapping out my upstairs box (TM600) for another one

It's a shame to be selling it on at this stage, just when the source code is finally released.

We are now at the point we wanted to be all those months ago, it's just a pity Technomate didn't get the wallet out and bring in the big boys such as PLi, NabiloSat etc.

mate hold onto it im havinf real trouble with my signal strength and was about to throw it in the bin - but i spoke to technomate and they told me that there is a enw image out this week and my signal problem should be resolved

mate hold onto it im havinf real trouble with my signal strength and was about to throw it in the bin - but i spoke to technomate and they told me that there is a enw image out this week and my signal problem should be resolved

TM/UR have been saying a lot of things for the last year...Have they not learned yet to not give out timescales that might dissapoint..when they fail to deliver...

Isnt the signal strength issue just the software displaying the wrong signals, it doesnt actually affect your signal, does it? I would say this is a very minor bug. Compared to the rest.

If there is a new image out this week by UR/TM I wouldnt expect too much... maybe some optimisation but I bet your majority of the bugs are still there.

well from what i have gathered speaking to mattie in technomates head office the software is effecting the tuner and the tuner is giving a lower signal strength than normal i could be wrong but thats what i took from our conversation !

well from what i have gathered speaking to mattie in technomates head office the software is effecting the tuner and the tuner is giving a lower signal strength than normal i could be wrong but thats what i took from our conversation !

I think what they mean is the software isnt reading the signal strength from the tuner correctly, I doubt the software is affecting the tuner itself.

Back