ferguson ariva 120hd

Ah its the only place close by that stays open late enough! And if there's anyone that's doing something they shouldn't be, it's a guard! lol Thanks again!

this was my first ever attempt at cs. only bought the 120 for the mobile in the summer not knowing its potential. this is what i did.
patched the box.
connected box to homeplugs and after a few sec box says "stb successfully got an ip"
go to tools on the box, then network local setting, then dhcp(on). scroll down to app selected (i used cccam) press red edit button at bottom. with the remote control i entered the test cline (e.g joe.test.you 00900 superdubs 2011)
highlight url line then press red caps button then ok to bring up letters and numbers box, and yellow makes them lower case)

server number: i put 1
url: i put in cline details (e.g joe.test.you)
server port: e.g 00900
user e.g superdubs
password: e.g 2011
autoconnect: on
login: press ok

then box says login succes

hope this helps. i got a trial but wont be going ahead til get my broadband sorted

Last edited:
this was my first ever attempt at cs. only bought the 120 for the mobile in the summer not knowing its potential. this is what i did.

That's great info joey, thanks for that! I'll let you know how I get on later. So the cline can be entered manually with the remote or through a usb, good to know!

Last edited:
to be honest the epg isnt a biggie for me but as far as i remember(thurs was so long ago) it wasnt full epg.

to be honest the epg isnt a biggie for me but as far as i remember(thurs was so long ago) it wasnt full epg.

Yeh it's not a big issue for me either, I was just interested to see what it was like!

Good to see you guys getting sorted...should have sold my Ariva Hd combo and gone for either a 120 or 200 !!..Ah well I'll keep trying to get mine going..enjoy lads

It worked!! I can't actually believe it! I put in the cline this evening and all the channels cleared, in perfect HD! The test line I'm using seems quite good, the odd freeze every now and again for a split second but overall very impressive! A big thanks to cuebase and joeyoey for all your help, you made it extremely painless to do!

Anyone needing any help on setting up I'll be glad to help!

Great stuff butters...
It's a great feeling when you see those channels clearing for the first time..enjoy!!
jim

Great stuff butters...
It's a great feeling when you see those channels clearing for the first time..enjoy!!
jim

Cheers jimrad! It really was a great feeling! I must have spent an hour last night flicking through each channels to see if they would work, even though I knew they would! I'm espcially impressed with the HD channels. It was actually quite easy to setup the whole thing after it seemed so complicated in the beginning, considering I had only just heard of cccam and clines a few days ago!!

I hope you get sorted with your Ariva HD too!

Well done butters glad you got sorted, enjoy it. Is R*E clearing for you.

Thanks cuebase! The Irish channels aren't actually clearing on the test cline I'm using now. But I wouldn't be using them anyway as I have them tuned in on Saorview and get them,which is better than $ky as it has R*E 2 HD!

Last edited:
Hi Cuebase,

Im using the 2.15B5 patched firmware with a connection to a newcamd server however the connection seems to drop out intermittently. Have you experienced this?? There is defo no problem with the internet connection or the server end. It has to be something relating to the firmware. Autoconnect is ticked however the only way to get it to reconnect to the server is to restart the box with a power off and on..

any ideas??

Ps- i could never get the cccam protocol working.

Hi Discobrother1 I never had any probs with cccam protocol although I havent used many of these boxes. Back up your chanel file and do a full factory reset, download this patch from here A120Combo_20110530_2.13B5_patch.abs load it via usb to your box and try again. When you first loaded a c line for cccam what method did you use.

I have cccam running on the 120 using patched software from 08/08/2011. There are known issues with the box even with official firmware. Biggest issue however is with patched software as many reports of freezing/dropping connection with pay channels

I have cccam running on the 120 using patched software from 08/08/2011. There are known issues with the box even with official firmware. Biggest issue however is with patched software as many reports of freezing/dropping connection with pay channels

I'm on the same firmware and have not experienced any of those problems, it sounds more like server issues to me

Re: ferguson ariva 120hd - firmware patch

I'm on the same firmware and have not experienced any of those problems, it sounds more like server issues to me

Sorry butters but defo not a server issue. Freezing prob widely reported (boards.ie). The good news is there is updated firmware just out (I upgraded earlier this evening) that sorts the issue.

Re: ferguson ariva 120hd - firmware patch

I beg to differ, its good a new version has been released at least the box gets support, but I know lots of people with the current patch that have none of your reported problems you say exist.

Sorry butters but defo not a server issue. Freezing prob widely reported (boards.ie). The good news is there is updated firmware just out (I upgraded earlier this evening) that sorts the issue.

@ getoffthepot ; I cant PM you your mail box is full. Delete some PMs I have forwarded your details to admins.

@ getoffthepot ; I cant PM you your mail box is full. Delete some PMs I have forwarded your details to admins.

He PM'd me a few days ago too and I replied back but I haven't heard anything since so maybe he's not around the forums anymore.

Back