ferguson ariva 120hd

Joey glad to see you got it going, :Clap: if your unsure about fitting the filter to the alarm I will do it for you when I am up in Dublin again. Butters thats all you need to do. Any problems get back to us.

Hi cuebase..just wondering if you came across any more info re: my ariva HD combo?...looks like I'll have to pack in the idea of patching it..cheers and thanks for all the support.

Hi Jimrad dont pack up just yet waiting on an email from a froend about it he has the same one as you and im hoping to borrow it.

Joey glad to see you got it going, :Clap: if your unsure about fitting the filter to the alarm I will do it for you when I am up in Dublin again. Butters thats all you need to do. Any problems get back to us.

Cheers cuebase I appreciate it! I'll try flashing the box this weekend and get a test line sorted, hopefully it won't be too messy!

thanks cuebase, hoping to hear back from phonewatch about filter. they want €90 to fit a €20 filter and say theres no charge for the engineers call out. lol. i'm returning a call from pw today (fri) to see what they can do. i'll keep you posted. anyway i've made some progress from having saorview hd and fta hd in my mobile home to hopefully getting a decent cline provider at home. thanks again.

90 euro :FRIGHT: Who is telling you they cost 20 euro I have loads lying around if you want me to post you one.Phonewatch are the biggest rip off merchants on the land. This is what I buy filters for.

ASDL Active Filter {MET/18}
CODE: MET/18
List price: £2.22
Price: 2.04

thanks cuebase, hoping to hear back from phonewatch about filter. they want €90 to fit a €20 filter and say theres no charge for the engineers call out. lol. i'm returning a call from pw today (fri) to see what they can do. i'll keep you posted. anyway i've made some progress from having saorview hd and fta hd in my mobile home to hopefully getting a decent cline provider at home. thanks again.

in fairness i think this is what they use. or something similar.
Z-A431EU Alarm Panel DSL Filter (screw terminal)

PRICE £21.25 Plus P&P
told me today they would do it for €50. also told me it probably would'nt help my broadband issue so not sure what to do. thanks anyway for the offer cuebase.

From My experience its one of 2 things, Most common I have come accross is a telephone or alarm pluged into the socket without a filter. I have however come across a couple of faulty routers that were causing the same symtoms you are getting, both of them were the large white BT routers. What network are you on.

vodafone landline and broadband with their router. main phone downstairs, router and extension upstairs. (dect phones). i've chopped and changed the set up but no change. the phones have new filters. the alarm has no filter.

Yep sounds like the router, when I said BT I meant vodaphone, is it the big white one with 4 yellow lan ports, I changed one out last last month because of the same problem. Ring vodafone tell them its the router. They will try everything to make you go away and will say that if they call out they will charge you 120 euro if its not the router, at that point say you will go back to eircom if they dont sort it.

Hey guys I've just patched the box, is cccam installed on it now or do I have to do that separately?

Hi butters...from what I can gather it's built in to the patch..you just have to manually enter your c line with note pad...good luck

Last edited:
Hi butters...from what I can gather it's built in to the patch..you just have to manually enter your c line with note pad...good luck

Brilliant man thanks very much, I'll try it when I get home from work! Do you have any recommendations on where to get good c-lines? You can pm me if you're not allowed to share on the forum! Thanks for your help man, I appreciate it

EDIT: I have googled it by the way, it throws up so much it's hard to know which is good and bad!

Last edited:
Personally I'd stay clear of commercial sharers although I tried this initally when I got my first dreambox..but thats a personal choice you'd have to make...Can't really recommend anybody, maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction....good luck

Ok guys I have my test line, so am I right in saying all I have to do is open notepad and type in the line and save it, calling it allshares.dat and putting it on a usb? Is there anything else to it? The c line is literally just one sentence, is that all that goes in the .dat file?

I've read that other boxes need a CCcam.cfg file, does the Ariva not?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Butters Ccam.cfg is mostly used on linux boxes the ariva is non linux, just copy and paste the line into notepad and save. rename it allshares.dat Copy it to a memory stick and put it in your box, go to usb menu with remote and scroll right till you see allshares.dat on the tv screen and press ok on remote to upload and your done.

Hi Butters Ccam.cfg is mostly used on linux boxes the ariva is non linux, just copy and paste the line into notepad and save. rename it allshares.dat Copy it to a memory stick and put it in your box, go to usb menu with remote and scroll right till you see allshares.dat on the tv screen and press ok on remote to upload and your done.

Cuebase if this works tonight when I get home, you are a legend! I'll have to get you a pint, (I usually end up in Coppers!)!

It will work if not get back it will be somthing simple, have I just been helping a Garda to cs lol as you end up in coppers alot which is the unofficial Gardi HQ

Back