fecking printer

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

my printer isnt working properly

when i set summit to print the printer just pulls the paper through but doenst put any ink on the paper????

its a lexmark x1270 connected up via usb with 2 full cartridges

can anyone help?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hi stupid question but before you put the carts in you removed the strip that allows air into the cart ? otherwise you will not get any ink out !

Last edited:
hi stupid question but before you put the carts in you removed the strip that allows air into the cart ? otherwise you will not get any ink out !

i've done that ;) lol first thing i thought of but i had already took them off

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i think about a fortnight ago was the last tiem i used it

during the summer i was hammering it with dvd covers when i was sprucing up m collection

and it never let me down once

i only got it this year i think

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Lexmarks are bad for this in my experience. I have one at the moment, a Z1480. A few weeks back it did a similar thing so I had it replaced. In fact, every Lexmartk I ever had (and I have had a few as people keep giving them away) has done something like this.

If it's not been used for a few weeks it's possible the ink has dried up in the print head, try doing a print head clean via the printer maintenance software

when it works its great

its an all-in-one btw if that makes any difference

its just printed a test page perfectly

it wasnt printing a letter that i had wrote in office 2007 the other day thats why i thought it was naka'd

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:
As was said earlier lexmak are the worst printers out there,when you buy your next one make sure it a Epson much better and most are hackble with cis kits and anyway the compatible carts are are good as the original.

The Starman

if open works then what i'll have to do is write in office maye be then save it open it via open then print :)

i've just got used to office 2007 :) i dont really wanna change

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back