Feckin fleabay again!

I hate it when people ask to end the auction early. It's an auction, let it run.

I've got to disagree with you there m8, if you can agree on a price that suits both of you and you both save on the astronomical fee's eBay now charges then I don't see what harm it can do.

There are two schools of thought on this, one is were it you abide by the rules set out by eBay, the other is to ignore them completely or partly in order to save some money, however this is wholly dependent on the seller offering a reasonable discount to do so, and agreeing to do it in the first place.

The second carries an inherent risk however that if discovered, you're account could potentially be closed.

I've never ended an auction early or asked. I have asked if I could pick up (before the auction finished) if I won. I have also let people pick up and pay cash on collection, I have never let them pay Paypal then collect due to reading some people do that and then say they haven't received the item, saying that I won a Galaxy nexus last week and the guy asked for Paypal and even dropped it of himself, I offered a bit extra for doing it but he said no.

If your selling and the buyer collects please please only accept cash on collection because if they pay via PayPal, come and get the goods, then go home and put a non delivered case in, PayPal will side with them as you'll have no proof, a signature won't be sufficient for PayPal either!

Well after considering my options and reading the info Him Her supplied I've bought the camera and we've agreed a price of £10 for p&p after showing them quotes from Parcel2go,just to be on the safe side.

if i see something i want & its near i always ask if they want to close the auction & i will collect, saves them fees so get it cheaper, & you have there address so if it fooks up pop around & a swift clip to the lug :LOL:

Back