Feckin fleabay again!

Oily

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just bid on and won a Canon 350D for £85.50.In the run up to it I emailed the woman selling it and asked if I could collect and pay cash as it was about 1/2 hr drive away from me,save me shelling out £15 for p&p.
She replied saying I could collect but she asked me how much I was going to offer to end it early etc.Bearing in mind the auction had only 50 mins to run,the camera was at £71 at this point,so I said I'll offer you £85 cash on collection,save her paying her fees etc,she replied she's been offered £90.So I thought sod it,I'll let the auction run till the end and I bid £87.75 and ended up winning it at £85.50
So I contact the seller arranging to collect the camera and she paps up with she still wants the £15 p&p as well!!
She's just pi$$ed I got it for less than she wanted it and now shes playing "I didn't say you could collect etc" even though I have all the correspondence.Now she's saying we can come to some agreement!!
Un-fecking-believeable!
item here:
canon eos 350d camera | eBay

Send her a message with your mobile number and say ring me to make a deal then Just leave positive feedback saying you collected and are happy with it let her pay the fees

eBay will just think she trying to get out of the selling fees

Send her a message with your mobile number and say ring me to make a deal then Just leave positive feedback saying you collected and are happy with it let her pay the fees

eBay will just think she trying to get out of the selling fees

I don't think I'd want to buy the camera after this,god knows what they'll do to it now.Can I not leave neg feedback and they still have to pay the fees?

Don't buy it just say you did to eBay so she has to give then £8.50

As you got email saying its ok to collect so eBay will think you did and payed on collection as in message it says about offer with out Paton eBay fees so eBay will just thinks she trying to get out of them

Don't buy it just say you did to eBay so she has to give then £8.50

As you got email saying its ok to collect so eBay will think you did and payed on collection as in message it says about offer with out Paton eBay fees so eBay will just thinks she trying to get out of them

Ah right,don't know what to do now as it's a decent deal,lol
She's now contacted me saying I can have it for £85.50!!

some people on ebay pi$$ me off id love if i sold something and someone offerd to come pick it up id happily knock off the pnp.As i think alot of these ebay tw@ts should be happy with this arrangement or maybe people arnt like minded as me.But when i sell on ebay i always worry if it will get there and if i described the item as best as i could least then if someone come picked it up they could see it and say yep im happy that way then its sorted done and dusted.Knowing its as described and the persons happy with the item.I dont know some people just pi$$ me off if its sold for that price then it aint your fault i thought ebay was meant for bargins but then again maybe not lol.

Glad you got it sorted :)

I hate it when people ask to end the auction early. It's an auction, let it run.

If I allowed local pickup, I would state in the auction local pickup.

Oily, this mess was your making.

It's like the morons who ask me stupid questions that I've already answered. Does it have an MOT? Read the description.
What colour is it?
Look at the photos.
Can I collect?
What does the postage description say.

I was going to say, I have three running now, with the option to collect or deliver, she's clearly removed the collection option because I'm sure it's on by default (I didn't add it into mine)

I hate it when people ask to end the auction early. It's an auction, let it run.

If I allowed local pickup, I would state in the auction local pickup.

Oily, this mess was your making.

It's like the morons who ask me stupid questions that I've already answered. Does it have an MOT? Read the description.
What colour is it?
Look at the photos.
Can I collect?
What does the postage description say.

You reckon??
I clarified before the auction ended to see if I could collect the camera to which she agreed,i didn't ask her to end the auction early,where does it say that?

You reckon??
I clarified before the auction ended to see if I could collect the camera to which she agreed,i didn't ask her to end the auction early,where does it say that?

'save her paying her fees etc'

either way, why can't you just use an auction site as an auction site?

'save her paying her fees etc'

either way, why can't you just use an auction site as an auction site?

If you read what I've put properly in the first post,SHE asked me what my highest offer would be to which I replied £85,in her reply she said she had been offered £90 so I let the auction run,I didn't approach her to end the auction early either.
Any way Ebay allows you to end the auction early if both parties,i.e highest bidder and seller agree to at the current price.

If you deal outside the EBay 'model' you could end up with a crock of sh!t - not protected if it doesn't work - be very aware ;)

If you deal outside the EBay 'model' you could end up with a crock of sh!t - not protected if it doesn't work - be very aware ;)

What I might do instead is pay via paypoo when i collect it,that should give me some protection?

Whether you pay by Paypal or not, if you collect it's 'buyer beware' in this case - you pick up the item and it's assumed you checked it was okay. I know, stupid, but if it's delivered and you followed the EBay/Paypal rules you're protected - otherwise, down to you M8.

Whether you pay by Paypal or not, if you collect it's 'buyer beware' in this case - you pick up the item and it's assumed you checked it was okay. I know, stupid, but if it's delivered and you followed the EBay/Paypal rules you're protected - otherwise, down to you M8.

Thanks,I didn't know that

Yes. Very true from my experience.

I bought a 1TB Hard drive from an ebay seller and paid cash on collection to save on postage. The seller didn't live far and I wanted the HD quickly.

The HD didn't work and because I paid for it by cash then ebay could not help.

Lost out on that.

When it comes to electronic goods, pay by Paypal. That way, any problems and you are fully re-imbursed.

Yes. Very true from my experience.

I bought a 1TB Hard drive from an ebay seller and paid cash on collection to save on postage. The seller didn't live far and I wanted the HD quickly.

The HD didn't work and because I paid for it by cash then ebay could not help.

Lost out on that.

When it comes to electronic goods, pay by Paypal. That way, any problems and you are fully re-imbursed.

Return to seller via window.

Back