anth46673

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am thinking of cancelling my sky sub and getting an f5 or f5s box

can anyone gimme some advice on where to buy and how to set it up ect please

I live in co/durham

any help would be awesome

edit:

also do u need internet to watch the sky channels (for when I goto static caravan)

Last edited:
I got mine on ebay with a 12 month gift. works perfectly well and I have also updated it, added a new channel list custom background as well as adding the better EPG and the Pic option. I also got a usb hard drive to use on it to. I have loads of films and music also on the hard drive which I play via the media centre on the skybox f5s. mine works great although a few times some of the channels freeze mainly on a couple of film channels. but its a cracking little box highly recommended.

I got mine from a shop in south shields and installed it myself very good little box. I update the channel lists etc myself im a bit of a newbie but i find this box great

Cramman is it possible you could help me out with getting my f5s back online?

I ordered one today which will be here tomorrow

it has not already be done and only comes with fta channels

can anyone gimme a guide on how to set it up so I receive all channels

thanks

1: Go into the main menu
2: Select Network, enable your network and set the IP address to DHCP. Go back to network.
3: Select "CCcam Client Setup" If you can not see CCcam setup in the menu jump to number 9
4: If you have a cccam.cfg on your usb, we provide the CCcam.cfg file, ask for the full configured file from us to get all of our channels. Copy the CCcam.cfg file into the root folder from your USB stick. Do not copy the file in a specific folder.Select 'Update files by usb' if not, jump to number 10
5: On new window, highlight 'CCcam.cfg', press green button on remote (ADD). This will place a tick by it, the press yellow button on remote (READ)
6: Once finished, select 'Manage Config Files' and on new window select cccam.cfg again
7: A new page comes up with your cline on it, press green button on remote to make it active (tick should appear by it) Exit out of all menus to tv and select a pay channel.. it should clear, if not go back into menu, select Network, then 'Network Setup', and turn DHCP 'off' by using arrow keys and then hitting apply.
8: if channel still doesnt clear, reboot box and router by unplugging both from power and plugging back in (router first)

9: if you cant see this option go to network and press 6666 this should bring up hiden menu or 8888

10: for those who didnt create a cccam.cfg on their usb, you can add it manually..

instead of update by usb on ccccam client setup, go directly to Manage Config Files and select CCcam.cfg from new window
Press Blue button on remote
your cline will look something like this>>> C: example.cline.org 12000 user pass
ON add cline window, leave Protocol as CCcam
Host: here you would enter example.cline.org portion of your cline using remote number buttons like you was sending a text
Port: here you put 12000
User, write 'user' here
Password, write 'pass' here
Press ok and go up to instruction number 7 OF CLINE SETUP

HI I'm trying to upgrade the latest firmware, the image is seen on the USB by my skybox f5S but the box displays file mismatch.

Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

HI I'm trying to upgrade the latest firmware, the image is seen on the USB by my skybox f5S but the box displays file mismatch.

What firmware is it and where is it from?

Did you follow the instructions above??

hopefully I will be doing it all today when the box arrives

if I follow all the instructions should I receive all the channels?

also do I need a modified ccam file? if so how do I get one please?

I had the same problem, delete the files, re-download them and it should work, might be worth restarting the box first :)

worked for me

Trucks79, Yes I got hold of a working cline. The issue I have now is it freezes often.
I a wondering what I can do to stop it freezing so often.

Trucks79, Yes I got hold of a working cline. The issue I have now is it freezes often.
I a wondering what I can do to stop it freezing so often.

Get a different cline from somewhere else.

Interesting
what is the difference with nline and where can I get hold of a trial to test?

Back