Skybox F3 F3 twin tuner

readyrangers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi does anybody have a bricked f3 lying about I could buy from them? If not does anybody know is it worth trying to replace the tuner? I think my tuner has gone faulty. It works fine on fta, It comes up no signal on pay channels. I gave it a wiggle yesterday it rebooted the box and it came on again for a few minutes, it then went back to no signal. I tried another box in it's place and it worked fine.
Thank you

If FTA channels are working than its not your tuner mate check that your internet connection hasn't got any problems .

It has no problem with the net. I had it working yesterday for a few minutes, before I got it going it was showing no signal. I wiggled the cable at the tuner and the box rebooted itself, then it came up as scrambled instead. I sorted the line out and all worked good. I had taken the box downstairs to make sure it was not net, this is where I got it working, when I put it back upstairs it went back to no signal again. Checked cables plugs ect everything fine, I think the tuner is on its last legs, or maybe its the box. This is why I am looking for a bricked box to play with. I also tried two sat cables in the tuner, it just makes the box stick in boot loop. Once you unplug the second on it boots no probs. Not sure if that is normal as I only ever have one sat cable plugged in.

Thanks

If it works downstairs then why wouldn't it work upstairs the only difference being your internet, if it was a tuner issue then your FTA channels would be affected as well.

Hi does anybody have a bricked f3 lying about I could buy from them? If not does anybody know is it worth trying to replace the tuner? I think my tuner has gone faulty. It works fine on fta, It comes up no signal on pay channels. I gave it a wiggle yesterday it rebooted the box and it came on again for a few minutes, it then went back to no signal. I tried another box in it's place and it worked fine.
Thank you

Hi mate ive a spare f3 tuner lying about if you want to try it , but if i was you id just bin the f3 there cheap crap lol

Mick

I just took it apart, no signs of anything wrong. I think it is board or tuner, if I move the tuner at all the box reboots. I will bin it I think and look for a second hand box.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the offer Mick. I am going to bin it and look for a second hand box. It is just a basic box I need, it is only for a bedroom.

Hi mate ive a spare f3 tuner lying about if you want to try it , but if i was you id just bin the f3 there cheap crap lol

Mick

I took it back downstairs to try it again and same problem, no signal. I think it has to be the board then.

If it works downstairs then why wouldn't it work upstairs the only difference being your internet, if it was a tuner issue then your FTA channels would be affected as well.

Not really wanting to spend that much, it only gets used now and then. Hopefully somebody on here will have a cheaper second hand box for sale.
Thanks

if you getting fta channels and no signal your satellite dish might need adjusting

Hi Bobby, my two other boxes work ok. The signal shows high on fta, on the f3.
thanks

Will an SD receiver do for you, TM500. I'll have to put it in the forum clasified section.

Thanks for the offer Abu, I have one of them in the cupboard. I opted just to buy the iCloud 2 plus box, £58 on eBay. Thank you to everyone for all the help. I hope I have better luck getting the dm 500 sorted out again. I don't want to have to buy another box. :(

I tried to flash the box with Scooby snacks and got hardware mismatch, I went to skybox website and picked the newest image and installed it. I then added everything back on to it, straight away it came up scrambled for ten seconds then bingo. I am scared to move the box again lol. Thank you once again for your help.

Back