WiFi Extend wireless signal

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have bt broadband, signal does seem to drop a bit in our bedroom...Our house is quite big so thats probably the reason. Whats the best way to extend the signal without running an ethernet cable to an extender....

I have bt broadband, signal does seem to drop a bit in our bedroom...Our house is quite big so thats probably the reason. Whats the best way to extend the signal without running an ethernet cable to an extender....

You can get wireless extenders, no need for ethernet cable, it just picks up the original signal & relays it on another channel. Same SSID, passkey etc., got mine (TP-Link) years ago when they were expensive, they're a fraction of the price now. FWIW, my TP-Link also has an ethernet socket which I use for a wired network printer.

Bought a tp link just before Xmas from aria for £16 works a treat upstairs in bedroom for Xbox and now tv

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

It may be cheaper to go down the ddwrt firmware route, this is what i did. I brought a D-Link DIR-615 router off *bay for a few quid and then added the ddwrt firmware onto it (see my instructions here). It takes a bit of configuring though, but once done it works fine. However if you don't want to mess about with configuring an additional router then homeplugs will be best for you.

Back