express 40east

crofty05

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i have been doing a bit research on this satelliete now i live in the south east of ireland and i was looking to hit 40 east so i went to the sat store and the guy told i would need 1.8 meter dish so i got the dish came back set it up got my meter out which is a trimax sm2500 now i had a look at lyngsat and it looks to be possible in my area so came along and put in the frequency 10995v symbol 20000 these channels are mpeg4 so my question is because they are mpeg4 does this mean that i wont pick up the levels on my meter the reason i ask is cause i cant hit it whats so ever the only other question is my roof were i have it mounted at the back of the house the top dish is about 2 3 foot from been level with the ridge of the roof so i was wondering is it because so far is very low in the horizon or what would it be cause im puzzled

There doesnt seem to be any reason for using a dish that large, apart from the c-band stuff. The ku signal should be easily be strong enough, even on a 1m. However, the satellite location will be low in the sky so you will need a clear sight for a fairly far distance. With a 1,8m its likely that you have it mounted on the ground? Do you have buildings or fence or bush around you, or is it open field?

Best way is to tune in each satellite and work downwards and left (from behind dish) then you can follow the arc. So start with a good strong signal on 28 east then work your way to 40 degrees and you will be able to see if you are heading into something that blocks signal?
The lack of signal to the meter wont be due to Mpeg4 transmissions.

ok m8 at least i know the meter should work now i have already done moving from sat to sat on the ark and still had no look so i think its down to the height now you were saying about a 1 meter dish the guy told me that the problem is that you have 39 east to close to 40e so thats why you need the bigger dish now that doesnt make sense to me do you know what he ment

It may be that 40east is weaker due to 39east. Not totally convinced though, because its a bit like saying you need a 1.2m dish for Eurobird @ 28.5 degrees since Astra2 @ 28.2 is so strong.....
However, i dont know the signals in your area so i'm not able to say for sure. One thing is that I cant see any obvious reason why a 1.8m wouldnt get the signal -apart from not being able to get a clear line of sight?
The question is > can you tune into 39degrees East with your 1.8m because that should easily be possible. If you can get that then 40 degrees is in the same direction, just an extreme tiny difference.

i cant hit that either so definetly is line of sight tomor im going to move it up higher and see what happens ma keep the fingers crossed and hope it doesnt pull the house down y

Hi Crofty05,
I have a tm6900 super with an 88 triax motorised, based in NW England and have also tried for 40 east. I am able to get channels at
11097 H
11653 H
11936 H

but nothing at
10967 V
10995 V

are others actually receiving these - wondered if they had ceased here?

there mpeg4 so you should be able to pick them up now in saying that the guy in the store that sold me the dish said because 39e is so close its causing signal problems but i dont know if you look at the lyngsat map its hitting me right in the face how many channels are you picking up on that sat at the minute check this freq 11094 and see if it makes a difference

Last edited:
At the time of my previous post I was getting
at 40E
3 channels at 11097 H (FTA)
1 channel at 11653 H (FTA)
and
3 at 11675 H (scrambled)

am at work at the moment but will check 11094 when I get home - what should I find at 11094?

I am able to get all F1 and F2 transponders from 39E but none from the S2 beam (dont have a dish the size of my house).

I am guessing that although the 40E 10995V transponder is shown to be strong for the UK and Ireland (lyngsat map), it along with the 10967V, is focussed for eastern europe or has stopped transmitting or I may have a H/V skew issue - don't know?

I will report back once I've checked 11094.

Last edited:
no - nothing at 11094 H or V.
Did a blind scan around this frequency and found nothing.

Expanded the blind scan frequency range and found a few channels from 42E appearing even though dish is pointed at 40E. They were as you would expect very poor and breaking up all the time (but fine when I actually move the dish to 42E).

So if the mpeg4 channels are still broadcast on the 40E V frequencies, the 88cm dish I have is not able to distinguish them from the noise at 39 and 40E.

How did the move go - are you getting anything at 39 or 40E?

fairplay for the research on that i shall try tomor if i get time with the 1.8 by lyngsat updates they are still been broadcasted i will let you know the results of it as soon as i test here is a sight you might find interesting [url=http://www.satellitweb.com

Last edited:
Back