*EXPIRED* Free Sky Plus And Installation For A Year (New Customers Only )

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing is, if theyve already gave us the box and dish, and set up the contract, surely they cant do anything about it? as when i ordered i just said id seen an add and she didnt ask any other questions, so legally i havent lied

i avent had mine installed yet. im starting to get worried..... lol

i wonder if they will cancel my contract and not install it???

all they need to bring is the box thou as its a comunal dish???

should i ring them???#

if not the dm box lives on....

Last edited:
Wtf I thought it sounded to good to be true.... I hope it works out for you lads.

Is everyone getting blocked now?
I am getting installed on 11th and dont want to waste my time disconecting other equiptment if it dont work

Im due to get installed today, havent had a call to cancel, so im assuming its going ahead. Over the phone i aggreed to the contract, and the woman stated over and over it was free for 12 months, and im sure sky will record calls. i didnt say i was given it by anyone i said i saw an add so im sure that the contract will stand. if not ill just cancel and get them to remove it all and be a cu*t when they come to take it :)

"There is an error on your account, please wait while we investigate. Your billing has been suspended whilst we investigate further"
Don't look good.

OK Guys, seems the boxes are getting installed and working (for now) but as in the thread above, an error message has appeared on ONE persons screen.
This was working for about 5 days without problems, just wait and see what happens with the rest of us!
Mine is installed and working fine, how long is the question.

I suggest you all sit tight, look back 1 page at my previous posts and guage where we are.
Just let it play out and keep each other informed. That is the most helpful way of using this thread.
Good luck every 1!!!!

:grayno:no-ones every added to my rep

Just been installed and its up & running fine :). Lets hope it stays that way.

i just phoned up to change my name as it was wrong

i got through to india...

they didnt know when my install was, but i have the card and dd set up.....

but causse a local installer is doing it, they didnt know the date.

mines in and up and running, everything except sky anytime working, but the installer said it takes a bit of time to set up. not bad for a free 80gb pvr :)

Mine has been installed and running for two days and loving every minute of it ;)

In answer to my own question....THE CARD CAN BE SHUT DOWN VIA THE DISH, so unplugging the phone will not help.

Guess we got to just wait and see, maybe they will try and take the money from our bank acc's, maybe they will just turn off the cards and leave us with freeview who knows.
I will post if the same error message happens to us here.....GOOD LUCK everyone else

reading back on the post by Manic01... error message....I counted that he got installed friday, (I thought last friday),
looking at the date of the post he has not even been installed yet.
I am unsure of where the error came from.....perhaps Manic01 can clarify what his post meant.

But for those of us who did get installed.....Hope we all have a SKY+ Xmas

no-one ever adds to my rep (scales to the left if u want to):flock:
I know, begging is so un-dignified

If you would have read from post 44 onwards (29/11) you wouldn't have wasted your time mate

thats strange cuz i just got mine ordered this morning. i told her i was given the ref. number from a close friend and that was it. Its all scheduled to be installed on the 18th of this month as i need to wait for my bt landline to be installed first.

lol i just phoned and they asked who gave me the refrance number and i gave a false name and they said they were just phoning him lol so i hung up

Got our sky installed all ok,what i dont get is why people are ringing sky with false names?Cos if the deal went through what happens when sky ask for your bank details??

Got our sky installed all ok,what i dont get is why people are ringing sky with false names?Cos if the deal went through what happens when sky ask for your bank details??

i meant i gave a false name of the sky employee who gave me the ref number

i phoned them 2 days ago and was told the ref number had been cancelled and was being investigated as each number is unique so will be traced from the original source

i was told that it couldnt go ahead, even after me proving that i was a sky employee and that i was sorting it for my brother, but as soon as id mentioned the code that was it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back