Ex competent---now noob needs help

Blartiartfast

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been a long time since I played with satellite...We are talking D2mac, then onto Sammy DSR-9500. Used to edit write cards / cams, etc, and was quite happy loading firmware to the 9500..

We moved house a few years ago and I had a moment of weakness......$ky tv came into my life.

I want to get back into the fiddling and tinkering scene, but since I last tried, an awful lot has happened in the sat world.

What is a good receiver to play with, and the best sats to use an 80cm on (wife not the council putting limits on).

Some say go with a Linux based machine, others say don't..Some say this sat, others say channels last a day on there...you need this sat.

I know from previous experience that cams can last a week / year before you need to buy a new one...Keys last the same, etc. I just need a foot in the first rung to get me started really.

Thanks for reading this middle aged attempt at coolness (lol).

dont quote me as i have just been folloing not joining in due to council and fuind limitations..

but best bet at the moment is a motorised system from what i can tell..

the majority of sats htat are opn can be got with pateched boxes..

some cams still work not sure what one..

CS is the way forward but,.. with the rol out of N2+3 everything dissapearing bit by bit.

check out the sat fourms for more info

Back