Cant believe how widespread IPTV is now

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a general conversation but I cant believe how many people are involved in or know of someone selling devices which allow a stream. Only this week I must have spoken to half a dozen people who said their mate offered them all the footy etc for £80 a year (including a device). What I don't get is (and from experience) why people are prepared to firstly pay up so much for something that could work for a day or two and then just stop with pretty much no come backs or be happy with a service that is extremely hit and miss for the main?

I think the fact a lot of the movie\tv addons mask the lack of reliability from the streaming channels such as sly etc. I mean if you put say teatv or something similar on the device the chances are it will last for a while where as the streams wouldn't.

Also you pretty much need a VPN for the majority of the streams to work - certainly with the UK channels. Ive found a few sellers on flea bay from the states and around the world offering quite cheap streams. They are fine on a VPN but wont clear on a standard UK connection.

Think it must've been about 5 years back I was fed up trying to find free streams through the likes of Acestream and such so shifted to VPN and a few official online streams to cover EPL kickoffs (NBC etc) with dodgey passwords from a couple of reliable sellers.

Then I got an Nvidia Shield for IPTV and never looked back. I have 1 rock solid provider I pay between £80 - £100 a year, and a decent backup (just as good to be fair) for between £40 - £50. There's been a few that have come and gone that have charged less but you get what you pay for and that's the game we play. This means 99.9% English streams in HD for EPL but also covers just about everything on world wide TV for mine and family's needs.

I still use SABnzbd and Sonarr to pull down regular viewing to local library so don't need to get bogged down in Kodi with add-ons or IPTV catchup.

Don't really need Netlix or Prime as I can download the content when needed, but I do have a couple of acconts, and also use VPN anyway so don't consider it extra outlay.

See I couldn't justify paying over £100 a year for a stream. I know its cheap compared to that of sly etc but still someone is making large amounts of cash on something that's not legit rather than doing it for the scene same as torrents etc

See I couldn't justify paying over £100 a year for a stream. I know its cheap compared to that of sly etc but still someone is making large amounts of cash on something that's not legit rather than doing it for the scene same as torrents etc

It's the risk they're taking though, they have to charge something to make it worth their while. Unless of course they're a reseller, in which case it's still risky, but the cost comes from them having to pay the supplier first, then make money on top. There are so many resellers these days it's nuts, and sellers will come and go, some will have been busted, others will just take the money and rebrand.

If you think a provider has to buy in channels from the bigger suppliers as well, to ensure they're able to offer the same selection as the other people, i've heard it's around £1 per channel per month. So if you've got 300 channels, that's £300 per month, and then you need subscribers. It all adds up pretty quickly to be fair.

Yeah and I totally understand that I mean I wouldn't expect anything for nothing just me being tight I suppose ;) and its deffo risk versus reward but I think some are milking it. Especially when you get people quoting silly prices and the streams are crap :D

Yeah its a fair point, so as a consumer I try to put it into perspective....

A few years ago I wouldn't have had that kind of money to spend, even on a sure thing, but at the moment I'm fortunate to have it. Now I've found a stable (wont say safe) supplier I think of it as some people are paying more than that a month for their legit services and still not able to see their own team play in their own country on a weekend due to broadcasting rights. Not only do I get to see them I get hundreds of other channels from around the world - granted a lot of them no good to me but I'm surprised how many either myself or the family do watch. I don't personally watch the catchup or on demand stuff my providers offer but others in the household do, and whether its legit or not I feel after a couple of months I've made good on the value of it.

I do appreciate others contrasting opinions on it though. I've got mates who scoff and say if it were £5 they still wouldn't pay for it as they're happy to miss 1st quarter of the game chasing laggy links around the net bouncing from 1 shitty stream to another. Funny how often they still turn up around here with a pizza in hand to watch a match :D

Wow £80 a year 🙃
I saw a reseller offering 50 connections to resellers for £200 last I looked (might have actually been euros tbh)
So if they sell 3 @ £80 a year they're already £40 up and the other 47 are all profit.
What's absolutely mind boggling for me is the way they dump customers and phoenix the service periodically and people thank them on social media for doing so? They can't all be shill accounts.

That's why I don't mind paying it for my premium connection. Ive been with the guy several years and is rock solid, never over subscribes or have any issues. Normally I wouldn't pay more than £30 and no longer than a 3 month sub. Now I've got a couple of good'ns I'll pay for 12 month, and when inevitably 1 does go tits up then I'll start over again. It's always a gamble, I've been burnt before and no doubt will again, but that's the nature of it, and at the end of the day it's just TV and financially I'm still up on what I would have paid the legit services for the same viewing.

I have a service I have had for a few years so happy to pay albeit think it’s something like 25/30 per quarter I pay.
Likewise I have a back up.

I watched a lot of the cricket Friday no issues but about 10 minutes before the Luton game the buffering started. I was out all day Saturday but tried the charity shield last night and that was as bad.

Getting worse and this was on both services, I would rather pay now then keep missing stuff I want to watch (sports only as have loads of other VOD stuff).

Can anyone on here hack free logins? :)

There's a chap over on shack that gets them for fun. Mind you, he is one clever lad.

Can anyone on here hack free logins? :)

There's a chap over on shack that gets them for fun. Mind you, he is one clever lad.

Anyone can do it mate. You just need the script/program and that's it. There was a forum rootv or something where you could buy it from.

Anyone can do it mate. You just need the script/program and that's it. There was a forum rootv or something where you could buy it from.
Could you sort it Jan? You could save the lads a fortune ;) lol

Is it a brute-forcer that uses cURL?

I could write that but I'm more used to cURL in PHP rather than C# GUI or something :). Could learn how to use the libraries like that I suppose...

Is it a brute-forcer that uses cURL?

I could write that but I'm more used to cURL in PHP rather than C# GUI or something :). Could learn how to use the libraries like that I suppose...

Yes it's brute force, you could likely write it in python to be more efficient. You basically brute force the PHP panel

It makes me laugh when someone sells a sub for say £75 for a year and you say ok but because I don't know you and don't know what the quality is like and would you just give £75 to someone you don't know...?? Anyway you say ok can I divide the yearly cost by 12 to test and they say no :D

Wow £80 a year 🙃
I saw a reseller offering 50 connections to resellers for £200 last I looked (might have actually been euros tbh)
So if they sell 3 @ £80 a year they're already £40 up and the other 47 are all profit.
What's absolutely mind boggling for me is the way they dump customers and phoenix the service periodically and people thank them on social media for doing so? They can't all be shill accounts.
There's a site which posts free streams. Even if you did hack an account from the xcodes portal most of them are restreams anyway aren't they?

I refuse to pay for media; it's just zeros and ones :).

Anyone taking out iptv fpr the first time just do month by month until happy with the service and then only do 3 months,Going rate is around £10 a month for a decent service.

Back