Eutelsat 25C at 25.5°E (Wide Beam)

Hi again all,

I noticed that there was a slightly elevated signal on feed transponder 11.638 V 2000 so I tried doing a Blind Scan to see if there was anything new around that frequency... or to see if the feed had a new symbol rate... but the Blind Scan found nothing... however while the scan was running I noticed that the Signal Quality raised slightly when the scan got to 11.630 V ...so I decided to mess around with the symbol rate and I ended up peaking an unlocked signal on...

11.630 V 1021

Have a look for yourself... I don't know what it could be... I haven't managed to get a signal lock on the transponder/frequency (if that's what it is) ...but there's nothing on this satellite with so strong a signal...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
hi -
yes most odd -
F15 shows a strong signal that pulses on/off at regular intervals -
12.2 -- 12.8 db on for 5 seconds
0.0 db off for 5 seconds.
?????

regards --:)

Hi again nelsonb,

yes most odd -
F15 shows a strong signal that pulses on/off at regular intervals -
12.2 -- 12.8 db on for 5 seconds
0.0 db off for 5 seconds.
?????

Mine doesn't do that mate... my Signal Strength/Signal Quality is slightly lower this morning than it was last night... but it's staying quite stable/constant... the Signal Strength is now 91% and the Signal Quality is now fluctuating between 72%-78%

The symbol rates on your F15 HD receiver must vary to those of the TM 5402 HD ...try altering your symbol rate slightly upwards or slightly downwards until you see a stable/constant signal...

It's still a mystery as to what this is...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

hi -
fine adjustment of the symbol rate wont stop it pulsing on this box ,
it just starts to weaken the db/quality reading .
my spiderbox shows nothing at all . at that frequency

a mystery indeed --

cheers

Hi again nelsonb,

A lot of these receivers we use are clones of each other... and I have found that the newer releases of O/S and Patches have restricted the Signal Quality bar from showing the actual/true level of an unlocked signal... they now either acquire a signal lock on the transponder/frequency straight away or they'll show no signal at all...

I'm using patched software from Jan 2012 ...this was released just before the restriction of the Signal Quality bar (from showing the actual/true level of an unlocked signal) was introduced...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi Guys
interesting thread, I get most of these channels plus a few not mentioned but these may be from another sat going to check.
I'm a bit further south of you (lol) half way down France this may be the difference
All the best

Hi fridgedoc,

Eutelsat 25C at 25.5°E

To the best of my knowledge this satellite only uses the frequency range...

10.950GHz ~ 11.700GHz

I haven't seen/found anything from this satellite in the frequency range...

12.500GHz ~ 12.750GHz

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch
I am getting a promo channel for AL KASS (5 different channels) on 12396 v 27624 Pid 201/301/201

regards

Hi yet even more
11812/v/2149 Assirat-ch pio 33/36/33
11736/h/7199 same as 11585/v/27500

regards

Hi again fridgedoc,

I am getting a promo channel for AL KASS (5 different channels) on 12396 v 27624 Pid 201/301/201

I get these five channels on 12.245 V 27500 on Badr 4 at 26.0°E

You're probably getting the same five channels from Badr 6 at 26.0°E (very large dish needed in UK to receive this satellite)

getting a test on 11389/h/27500 pid 1000/2000/

We get this transponder on 25.5°E in the UK and the HD TEST channel was the latest addition

11812/v/2149 Assirat-ch pio 33/36/33
11736/h/7199 same as 11585/v/27500

I think these are also coming from Badr 6 at 26.0°E

Thanks for taking the time to scan & report mate...

PS
It might help you to have a look at Flysat's frequency charts...

Eutelsat 25C at 25.5°E

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Badr 4/5/6 at 26.0°E

Code:

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi Zorch
I'll bow to your superior knowledge I do try and check on "lyngsat" thought they would have had to be the same transponder (this is where my lack of knowledge shows up. lol)
"Badr 6 at 26.0°E (very large dish needed in UK to receive this satellite)" interesting as I get 278 different channels all FTA
All the best

Hi again nelsonb,

A lot of these receivers we use are clones of each other... and I have found that the newer releases of O/S and Patches have restricted the Signal Quality bar from showing the actual/true level of an unlocked signal... they now either acquire a signal lock on the transponder/frequency straight away or they'll show no signal at all...

I'm using patched software from Jan 2012 ...this was released just before the restriction of the Signal Quality bar (from showing the actual/true level of an unlocked signal) was introduced...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

hi - Zorch .
yes indeed --- most receivers seem to be all or nothing -
one of the reasons i like the F15 (original software) for finding fringe channels is its ability to show the db/quality of unlocked transponders even extemely weak ones ,
11630 V 1021 is an exeption i,v never seen a transponder act quite this way on the F15 before .
apart from the pulsing on this receiver - its a very strong signal as you reported -- way above anything else on this sat .
cheers - :)

Hi again fridgedoc,

"Badr 6 at 26.0°E (very large dish needed in UK to receive this satellite)" interesting as I get 278 different channels all FTA

Have a look at the Ku Band 'Footprints' (coverage areas) relating to Badr 4/5/6 at 26.0°E

Code:

There's a dish size reference scale at the bottom of the page that will help you understand better...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch
thanks for that, I do understand re dish size just supprised how many channels I get on 26E
All the best

Hi again all,

I located a very weak feed transmission late yesterday afternoon... it was so weak that I was only just able to lock the signal and to get images on-screen... I started to take some pictures... however after taking just a couple of pictures the signal lock disappeared and never returned...

11.174 H [3500] FEC: Unknown DVB-S QPSK [Wide Beam]

Feed ID: LIVE [VPID 0400/APID 0410/PPID 0400] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 96%
Signal Quality 48%

Not my usual offering but better than nothing... I have attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Back