Eutelsat 10A at 10.0°E (Unknown Beam?)

As i said in my previous post about differing levels from all manufacturers but some people seem to get caught up in the so called 'Hype' of the TM5402HD its good no doubt about that for the price point but for serious enthusiasts that want something that will handle all available known parameters then the TBS6925 card is it the 5402 is a poor mans relation in comparison but then again the price reflects this

Pray do tell which Transponder the 5402 can lock at 10-15%

I said low 20s on the TM5402HD (23% etc.. possibly less) & that that would then translate to 10-15% on a Linux E2.

KU band on 36e used to be a good source of low lock tps, single channels on single Tps, mainly because of very few active tps on the same satellite/ beam to cause interference up & down ku band with no other strong satellites near by either and very forgiving parameters, but not necessarily powerful- it's got too busy now.

C band & 11w and the 1st Russian channels on there with 1/2 fec or 27.5w with 1.2 fec are quick answers that you can at least see very low level lock tps with 1/2 fec -

for DVB-S2 low lock see Qatar TV on 7.3w.

Dynamic compression is far from new either, that's been around in the computer industry for over 30 years, the processing power to use it in dth satellite hasn't.

Back