eurovox max

blueslimshady

Member ++
Reaction score
friend of mine has just gave me this to try and fix. it was working up until about 2 months ago and he lost all channels, hes tried putting keys in manually but nothing happens. ive not done eurovox before. so im wanting to know what i need to do or if theres any How Too's out there anyone can point me in the right direction.

its a black box it has eurovox max written on it, hope this helps

Thanks in advance

Press menu,language then type 1968 twice and check the emu is on

i have tried what fergalsworld said and nothing happened. i have manually installed the keys and saved. and then checked emu is turned on and all ok, all i get is a no signal found msg appearing in the middle of the screen. how do i find out which eurovox max box i have ? its black and has euro vox max written on it.

its a max v press info twice and check the signal quality also you have the feed in the right connection looking from the front put it in the far right socket
try doing a factory reset and choose your symbol rate and do a scan.

its a max v press info twice and check the signal quality also you have the feed in the right connection looking from the front put it in the far right socket
try doing a factory reset and choose your symbol rate and do a scan.

thanks for the quick reply mate. im not having much luck. i did the signal check and its really low, so i figure this maybe why i cant find any channels. can u tell me how to factory reset the box as u were saying

thanks in advance

Press menu and look through the menu i think its in the last options on the right
is the signal showing 8% if it is there is a firmware fix for that.

Press menu and look through the menu i think its in the last options on the right
is the signal showing 8% if it is there is a firmware fix for that.

yeah its going between 8% and 20%, ive tried factory rest but still same., ive downloaded the firmware fix i just need to find me cable now to do it with, fingers crossed and thanks for ya help il tip ya scales

i have just downloaded the pdf file which shows you if you have a clone or a real box, i have checked the file and im still unsure lol. it says if the scart socket is nice and shiney its a real box (which mine has) but it says if the ribbons inside connecting boards are solid its real. (mine has solid on 1 board and ribbon on the other. i pretty certain i have the eurovox max (red) but i cant define the diffrence and dont wanna flash wrong software. i have added a few pics to see if anyone can point me in right direction. also when i have the lid on the tuner only goes as far as the 8 slots, which according to the guide means its real. but i dont have the line of green capacitors

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have same box (max red) all channels fine except itv1, 2 and 3. when I check the signal strength on these channels it shows as 8% strength on other channels is 83%. Do I need to update software also or is there a simpler solution?

Cheers.

I have same box (max red) all channels fine except itv1, 2 and 3. when I check the signal strength on these channels it shows as 8% strength on other channels is 83%. Do I need to update software also or is there a simpler solution?

Cheers.

i finally updated the eurovox(red) yesterday with latest software, i did power scan and everything worked, itv itv 2 all worked fine coz i checked. dunno about itv 4 as i didnt check on this channel. i would say try the latest firmware for your box. it is a simple solution. its not hard at all. just takes a little bit of reading is all. your other choice is manually trying to find the channels, but im unsure how to do this with eurovox as it wasnt mine and i have given it back now,

Back