Euros 2016 the thread

Two Euro exits and two resignations.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Page not found - The Courier

This is the second funniest thing ive seen tonight Brilliant :)

scroll down and watch the video

- - - Updated - - -

Could be a problem mate I'm sure @nara is a sweaty sock like us :)

We should bring him back, might as feckin well. :sadface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Until a manager is able to drop the undroppable without the press, social media and radio talk in shows imploding, it doesn't matter who the manager is, because he doesn't really pick the side.

Had he not taken Rooney, which he shouldn't have, he would have been a dead man walking before he got on the plane.

Just one example and before people think this is a club thing. Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and others were allowed to stay longer than their shelf life.

Until a manager is able to drop the undroppable without the press, social media and radio talk in shows imploding, it doesn't matter who the manager is, because he doesn't really pick the side.

Had he not taken Rooney, which he shouldn't have, he would have been a dead man walking before he got on the plane.

Just one example and before people think this is a club thing. Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and others were allowed to stay longer than their shelf life.

Rooney was decent in the opening couple of games, better than most of our players. How he lasted 85 minutes tonight is beyond me, he was absolutely awful, that second half from him was a stinker, he should have been hauled off way before he was.
Maybe the manager couldn't decide which player was the bigger pile of shite. Kane was dreadful all tournament yet gets 90 tonight, Sterlings performances have matched his monetary namesake. Joe Hart ! Sturridge started ok and slid into the abyss.
That England side reminded me a little of Van Gaals United this tournament.

England wish to play Aldi next, apparently they weren't too pleased with Iceland's 2 for 1 offers

My view is and I have said this for years, our players are technically not as good as you would like to think they are.
The English players in the Premiership and held together by some of the best forgien players from all over the world. Once their in full flow for their clubs bouncing off these players they look world beaters until....

You put them together and try to make them gel as an England team. They couldn't string 2 passes together whether going back forward or sideways.

Problem 2) Manager player loyalty,
Roy thinks Sterling, Sturridge, Rooney and Wiltshire are going to be the future of England for years to come and loyalty to these players especially Wiltshire and Sturridge has cost a place in the 1/4's and his job.
Building a young team around Rooney who cannot play that middle of the park holding role for England was another failing. Lallana had a good start to the Euro's and should have been on from the start against Iceland.
Rooney should have been off at 1/2 time and Barkley (sh!T or bust) driving at the defence drawing players and fouls.

BUt , , and a BIG but ,
Andy Carroll should have gone. with 1/2hr to go it would have been ideal for him to hold things up and for set pieces. Kane and Ali have had awful long seasons especially Kane and they were out of gas, no were nr their club level form.
Vardy ?, how the hell can you leave the most inform English striker in the Prem on the bench ? beggars belief.

You might no agree with some but the basic idea is right. Now for the next England Manager
I would go for Allardyce or Bruce , passionate and tremendous man managers. If doesn't need a rocket scientist to sort the mess out , it just need players not fit and out of form not putting a jersey on .

England will play France, you've all had your 5 minutes of glory now step over while we briskly move on to the Final.
We have the easiest knockout game out of all remaining 16 teams and when we turn them over in emphatic style you will bow to the knees of the St George flag and pray for mercy.

It's all about momentum and not peaking too soon. We have battered all 3 teams but the just unlucky in front of goal. Our stats are some of the best in the tournament and once we start turning those nearlys into goals teams better be aware.

England will win the Euro's mark my words
2 very different posts :proud:

None of the English players voted in the referendum .

None of them could find the box, never mind put a cross in it.

Joe Hart has been dropped by Head and shoulders but he has a new Advertising contract with TENA ..................... For those oops moments :)

2 very different posts :proud:

I go to football every week in hope we win and positive thoughts. I never go to a game with the thought "We were sh!t , were a load of crap , , get rid of .....and ..." and a I hate whose get on players backs while the games in play.

Then there's a few way you can lose and they way we lost was about the worse way possible and not only that to the poorest of opposition.

Hence my post above I think good positive thoughts before a game and support our lads.

It's the way you lose and who to that's why I gave it to them. In this case is a change of tune that's duly in order

Last edited:
Back