essential softmod security: read me

big up english. alls working well. just 1 question. i have a pal system. am i able to run ntsc games on it with this soft mod or is there some other program required other than brickblocker?

big up english. alls working well. just 1 question. i have a pal system. am i able to run ntsc games on it with this soft mod or is there some other program required other than brickblocker?

Starfall ---> Region Free Games.

Component has less issues than scart for out of region games ..

hey english. all worked well on my console. trying to do my nephews, home brew channel installs ok but when trying to install 3.2eb IOS30-64-v1040.wad i get a 1035 error. any cure for this. his console is on 3.3e

British this thread is F***ing excellent mate, just a quick question i followed the softmii guide and got as far as preloader which didnt work for me but i installed starfall instead am i right in thinking these are the same sort of program or do i need to install the rest of the files for the preloader instructions, which are.

20) Run Preloader0.26 from HBC (Props 2 crediar.)

*CAUTION* USE PRELOADER HACK REMOVER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED PRE-LOADER HACKS TO YOUR SYSTEM OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES. THIS CAN BE FOUND IN THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL.

21) It will install and reboot...your system should now load the PreLoader menu.

If you do not reboot to Preloader Menu at this time, power off your wii until the light is Red/Orange...
...hit Power, then quickly press and HOLD Reset...

22) Highlight Settings and Press A

23) Select “Systemhacks” ->

24) Select all hacks that you'd like (Recommended: All), and do all of same-name hacks

25) Select "save settings" and wait for glitchy confirmation message to display “Settings Saved”

26) Press B

27) Select "autoboot: Systemenu" (using the D-Pad Arrows), and save settings with A, then Press B

28) Select "install/load DOL" and install atd512.dol. Wait until finished.

29) Get back to the system menu.

30) Run HBC

31) Run cIOScorp Installer.. It may freez briefly. (CORP Thx 2 WiiBlaster + Co...Installer from Me + IceFire.)

32) Exit and reboot.

33). Launch SoftMii Tweaks, press A, at the menu select 42.app for NTSC and 45.app for PAL users.

34) When once the installation is complete press Home to reboot

YOU JUST GOT SOFTMII'D

Preloader actually started where Starfall left off. I suggest you just follow the guide (yes there are ways to get Preloader to run) and install the corresponding hacks.
Maybe the best thing to do is download the dol for Preloader 0.27 (you can find the install code somewhere on this forum) and use this one.

Preloader actually started where Starfall left off. I suggest you just follow the guide (yes there are ways to get Preloader to run) and install the corresponding hacks.
Maybe the best thing to do is download the dol for Preloader 0.27 (you can find the install code somewhere on this forum) and use this one.

Slightly confused mate it says 0.26 on the program and the button presses dont work to get it going, so do i only need the dol or the whole thing ???????

go with Riskiimod v2 mate.

and don't panic ;p[/QU

DONT PANIC now i am, i thought riscii mod was named soft mii, where do i get it, Please help mii ( thought this was fitting ) HE HE, But seriously help.

Thanks mate, will take a look and then post results, Also is this the very latest hack cuz i was using the soft mii 0.9.5

softmii gives u a crap custom health screen and crap custom menu colors. give it a couple of weeks and it will all be sorted ;)

riskiimod v2 does what softmii v1 does (i think) but without the 'dangerous' and nunty custom stuff.

softmii gives u a crap custom health screen and crap custom menu colors. give it a couple of weeks and it will all be sorted ;)

riskiimod v2 does what softmii v1 does (i think) but without the 'dangerous' and nunty custom stuff.

currently using 0.9.5 with no issues and have done another 5 this way, i think its better than version 1

currently using 0.9.5 with no issues and have done another 5 this way, i think its better than version 1

does 0.9.5 do custom health screen and custom system menu colours m8?

and is it the one i linked to in the other thread? :)

does 0.9.5 do custom health screen and custom system menu colours m8?

and is it the one i linked to in the other thread? :)

The one i downloaded has a couple of extra fixes to the original 0.9.5 plus yes you can use ya own custom health screen or leave as be, just replace the 00000045.app with the one of chioce, but no custom system menu colours.

ps some peeps have been getting black screens while loading backups and originals, if ya disable both options for force disk region in system hacks of the preloader seems to cure the problem.

Last edited:
The one i downloaded has a couple of extra fixes to the original 0.9.5 plus yes you can use ya own custom health screen or leave as be, just replace the 00000045.app with the one of chioce, but no custom system menu colours.

ps some peeps have been getting black screens while loading backups and originals, if ya disable both options for force disk region in system hacks of the preloader seems to cure the problem.

no its not the same, i can link you the one i use

plus ive included the opera browser and shopping channel fix and thx for these you know who you are

lets have it then :)

ive put it on megaupload can i post here or pm plus ive included original heath screen for backup and the pirate one,the pirate one looks cool imo ;)

Last edited:
ive put it on megaupload can i post here or pm plus ive included original heath screen for backup and the pirate one, looks cool imo ;)

i post just about anything lol i dont see a prob with a link m8

:angelwing

u could make a new thread actualy,

Back