essential softmod security: read me

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
you need to get to 3.2e firmware asap and use starfall 0.5 to install every option except region free games, as i have that covered with the latest loader ;)

i installed a dodgy wad earlier and got the 'system menu files are corrupt' semi brick and this method recovered by putting a gamecube controller into port one and pressing y whilst booting up with zelda .. the game run and i was able to run the twilight hack but ... replacing boot.dol on the root with the boot.dol of wad manager 1.3 :) then i removed the wad using the original wad when the program booted up. and so on ..

you need to get to 3.2e firmware asap and use starfall 0.5 to install every option except region free games, as i have that covered with the latest loader ;)

i installed a dodgy wad earlier and got the 'system menu files are corrupt' semi brick and this method recovered by putting a gamecube controller into port one and pressing y whilst booting up with zelda .. the game run and i was able to run the twilight hack but ... replacing boot.dol on the root with the boot.dol of wad manager 1.3 :) then i removed the wad using the original wad when the program booted up. and so on ..

I`m lost !!! LOL

I installed your all in one Noob stuff before you recently updated the files. Haven`t got round to re-installing the updated files yet. Does this security update apply to me or am I jumping into something that doesnt concern me here ? LOL

I`m lost !!! LOL

I installed your all in one Noob stuff before you recently updated the files. Haven`t got round to re-installing the updated files yet. Does this security update apply to me or am I jumping into something that doesnt concern me here ? LOL

Same boat! Ive got new backup launcher working fine, Gamma version. Do I need to worry about this! Dont intend on installing anything else!

I`m lost !!! LOL

no u best do it m8

ur bound to have a play and **** something up. i did and i'm no no0b lol. as u are now ur at risk of a banner brick and no way to recover without installing a modchip

good job i was on 3.2e with starfall installed ..

Re: 3.2e wads

hang on, back track. I've 3.1e and installed the noob kit about 2-3 weeks ago.

What exactly is it I have to do?

Upgrade to 3.2e
then run the softmod again??

no u best do it m8

ur bound to have a play and **** something up. i did and i'm no no0b lol. as u are now ur at risk of a banner brick and no way to recover without installing a modchip

good job i was on 3.2e with starfall installed ..

I`m no lost even more !!! LOL

I`m on 3.2e firmware and installed your first Noob all in one files. Should I just remove the homebrew channel and backup loader channel and re-install your updated files ? Then what do I do regards the security update ? LOL Sorry totally lost now !!!

PS My Wii is chipped anyway. Just wanted the homebrew channel for dvd player !!! LOL

hang on, back track. I've 3.1e and installed the noob kit about 2-3 weeks ago.

What exactly is it I have to do?

Upgrade to 3.2e
then run the softmod again??

just run the wad files in wad manager and then u be on 3.2e.

then run starfall from homebrew channel and install the options i mentioned in the first post. then you will be safe, as long as u keep the twilight hack save on ur wii

I`m no lost even more !!! LOL

I`m on 3.2e firmware and installed your first Noob all in one files. Should I just remove the homebrew channel and backup loader channel and re-install your updated files ? Then what do I do regards the security update ? LOL Sorry totally lost now !!!

PS My Wii is chipped anyway. Just wanted the homebrew channel for dvd player !!! LOL

no need for all that . does anyone read anything i say Lol

just install the two wad files m8 (now ur on 3.2e bushing) then run starfall in homebrew channel with the Options I Mentioned in the First Post. that's it.

i think chipped wii's can be recovered easier because they read backups. not sure tho as i havent got a chipped wii. this is about softmod security m8 i'm not up on chipped wii's

Just to clarify a few point !!! LOL

If I remove the homebrew channel and backup loader from my Wii do I need to do anything else ? i.e. do I need even bother with the two WADs ? What I`m asking is upon installing the Wii homebrew channel has my firmware been altered as such ?

Waiting for you shouting at me now !!! LOL

Just to clarify a few point !!! LOL

If I remove the homebrew channel and backup loader from my Wii do I need to do anything else ? i.e. do I need even bother with the two WADs ? What I`m asking is upon installing the Wii homebrew channel has my firmware been altered as such ?

Waiting for you shouting at me now !!! LOL

you can delete channels in wii menu.

even i'm lost now m8, why do you want to delete them?? what do you need to know lol. you don't have to delete anything or uninstall anything just do what i've said if you want to be secure from banner brick/out of region firmware upgrade.

install two wads= 3.2e . starfall = semi-brickproof . and then?

if you removed them you wont be able to run homebrew what he is saying if you downloaded a wad and installed it and it fucked your wii up you wont beable to recover it with out a chip. by doing what he is saying if you banner brick your wii you will beable to recover it with a gamecube controller and zelda game
i think that what he means anyway

if you removed them you wont be able to run homebrew what he is saying if you downloaded a wad and installed it and it fucked your wii up you wont beable to recover it with out a chip. by doing what he is saying if you banner brick your wii you will beable to recover it with a gamecube controller and zelda game
i think that what he means anyway

thank-you :)

whats a banner brick? I understand if I update from out of region its bricked but banner brick?

m8 the file u attached earlier (apps) doesnot have any wad files in it. also i tried to install the starfall thing but when it says press b+2, nothing happens. is this because i havent installed the 2 wad files and if so could you pm them to me.

cheers

just run the wad files in wad manager and then u be on 3.2e.

then run starfall from homebrew channel and install the options i mentioned in the first post. then you will be safe, as long as u keep the twilight hack save on ur wii

ahh, righto, thanks for clearing that up chap, seems a lot simpler now.

Will give it a bash and see how we go. I take it all the new wad files are the ones in the sticky?

Back