essential softmod security: read me

Can't you incorporate this into the stickies ? As an essential or recommened step.

ello mate. i've included starfall and a link to the 3.2e wads in the stickie.

but yeah this thread has more in it, about keeping ur softmod wii safe :)

Keep The Twilight Hack Save on your Wii!!

Hello, have successfully installed the softmod and downgraded from 3.4E to 3.2E, but cannot get
to install starfall, when pressing B+1+2 all I get is partial wording in top left hand corner, I'm guessing it's " Failed! followed by exiting" then rebooting to homebrew channel.
Does wii need to be connected to the internet?
Any ideas?

Really easy guide to follow - Big thanks.

Right i just installed homebrew on my pals wii he has no intention of playing any other region games just pal games will i still need to do this

oh and he is on the latest firmware and i used dummies guide to softmod

Right i just installed homebrew on my pals wii he has no intention of playing any other region games just pal games will i still need to do this

oh and he is on the latest firmware and i used dummies guide to softmod

how do you know he will only play pal games?

i know he will only use pal games as i will need to do the games for him and my modchip cant play other region games

would be best to do it mate,he may only play games he got of you but his kids may end up trying out there mates unless he doesnt have kids

would be best to do it mate,he may only play games he got of you but his kids may end up trying out there mates unless he doesnt have kids

yeah its not very helpful if you dont do it and it gets sold on or something, a wee bit irresponsible.

so u like it booting with no health screen , region free channels .. updates blocked .. easy recovery. and some other stuff :)
Starfall doesn't block updates from the Wii Shop Channel isn't it?
How do I get along with this?

I pressed the Wii Shop Channel yesterday and an update request popped up right away.
Is there a possibillity to brick my Wii or prevent Homebrow Channel from running after a Wii Shop Channel 'System Menu' update?
If so, how can I block these updates?

Starfall doesn't block updates from the Wii Shop Channel isn't it?
How do I get along with this?

I pressed the Wii Shop Channel yesterday and an update request popped up right away.
Is there a possibillity to brick my Wii or prevent Homebrow Channel from running after a Wii Shop Channel 'System Menu' update?
If so, how can I block these updates?

run InstallShopIOS51 mate.

Thanks English. You solved it again.
I'll install 'InstallShopIOS51' tonight.

I'll keep you posted!

Succesfully downloaded to 3.2 starfall just wont work fails all the time please help

I'm sure I read somewhere that all the files were together and that you didn't need internet access to fix this patch. Have I got this wrong? Do I definately need to install part of the patch from the homebrew channel?

Sorry if I'm being thick here, not the first time and probably not the last!!

i *think* you only need it to downgrade from 3.4e but dont quote me on that :)

a couple here have done it

I'm on 3.1e and have used the twilight hack. I guess I still need to change to 3.2e and install starfall but can I do that from the final pack you posted?

Thanks

Back