essential softmod security: read me

Last edited by a moderator:
And can I do all this without the need to download from the internet as I have never connected my Wii to the net?

Sorry if these ae dumb ass questions, really appreciate your help.

Thanks for all the help guys, think I'm there now! Appreciate all the advice and work others have done on this.

Last edited:
HI English your in the reteams of higher knowing, I’ve softmoded my wii from 3.4e using twilight then downgraded to 3.2e successfully from your fantastic guide. but i can’t seen to install starfall. when loading it from homebrew ch, starfall installer loaded but does not fit on the screen and won’t let me continue (pressing B+2 keys) don’t do anything. any ideas...

Forgive me for being stupid, but would this wad/starfall tutorial work for a wii fitted with a wiikey 2 or is it solely for soft modded wii's? Thanks in advance.

Im not an expert but I believe if you install starfall it will also block updates on original games too - basically any update that is thrown at it - regardless if the update is contained on a copy game that hasnt been brickblocked prior. So in answer to the question it is worthwhile for wii's with modchips also!!!

Hello, have successfully installed the softmod and downgraded from 3.4E to 3.2E, but cannot get
to install starfall, when pressing B+1+2 all I get is partial wording in top left hand corner, I'm guessing it's " Failed! followed by exiting" then rebooting to homebrew channel.
Does wii need to be connected to the internet?
Any ideas?

Really easy guide to follow - Big thanks.

George66

I have EXACT issue as this how did you resolve m8?

hey english, as a complete noob id like to say thanx for all your help and tips. im using 3.2e at present. but no starfall. the soft mod works perfect for me. am i right to say i only need to install starfall and im all set? looking at the posts i would say so but just wanted to double check wit ya

no mate you need the lot that he has posted in here. the other files help stop your wii from getting semi-bricked so i suggest you do the lot mate.

cheers

quick silly question. is whats 3.2e BUSHING. is that an updated 3.2e ?

tried time and time again pressing b+1+2 and its saying failed and exiting. just to confirm. when u say b+1+2 is that 3 buttons or is it 4 buttons and using the + button too?

tried time and time again pressing b+1+2 and its saying failed and exiting. just to confirm. when u say b+1+2 is that 3 buttons or is it 4 buttons and using the + button too?

if it's failed install cios_fix.wad and run Ios Downgrader in homebrew channel

thanx english, starfall installed ok, before the console was playing backups but now after starfall installed its not recognising any backups?

any ideas?

Back