epgfilter.xml

Been following this thread with interest both here and elsewhere,was wondering if anybody has managed to do something similar in Ireland as we dont have a PVR_EPG channel or any thoughts on how I might go about this,
I am presuming that the PVR_EPG channel is a must for this but also presume that upc must have a similar channel here for their epg?

Anyway cheers guys and great work.

any stuff i delete from services always comes back with a BG scan. I think i'll keep adding the gumpf to myservices AND do an epgfilter file. Best of both worlds me thinks!

any stuff i delete from services always comes back with a BG scan. I think i'll keep adding the gumpf to myservices AND do an epgfilter file. Best of both worlds me thinks!

So long as the services you're 'hiding' in myservices are also mirrored in the filter file, that's fine, m8.

Tests last week proved that hidden services still waste memory by collecting 7 Day EPG if they are not filtered. By hidden, I mean channels that don't show in ANY bouquet, nor in the numerical channel listing.

Cheers- AL

yeah, thats the plan - everything in myservices also in epgfilter.

i've got bouquet wizard and i think there's a feature to move them all to 1 bouquet THEN i'll use that bouquet to create the epgfilter.xml

Anyone got any ideas on how to achieve a similar epgfilter within an enigma image ??

Generating the epgfilter from the bouquet file in a neutrino image is relatively straight forward but with enigma there are separate bouquet files for each bouquet ....

Im using SS Enigma 2, which i think is a great image, and if somehow you could get extended EPG on this it would be even better !!!

cheers

Freddy

Hi,

I'm currently running Andromeda V2.

I set up an epgfilter.xml file and uploaded it to var/tuxbox/config/zapit. After rebooting the box all the channels included in the epgfilter.xml file were showing now and next only on the epg. So far so good.
I set the epg cache to 03 days, set long descriptions to 07 days and set the max events to 17500. I then tuned in to PVR_EPG channel for 5 minutes then turned back to Sly Sports but I'm only getting 7 hours epg !!!!! I was hoping for 2 - 3 days of epg info.
Have I missed a setting somewhere ???

how do i setup the up an epgfilter.xml file?

Hi,

Look in page 1 of this thread m8, I've explained in detail the way I do it.

All the best

Big Thanks to Al, Rod, pt-1 and Freddy Frog for their work in helping me out. Re-reading this and alls gone very smoothly.

i started from fresh, deleted services, bouquets and myservices (but kept a backup) Full scan to get all the channels. Re-Created the bouquets including a Junk bouquet, exported that, chopped everything out except the junk bq, added the extra lines and saved this as my epgfilter.xml. Then, re-created myservices file (exactly the same as the junk BQ AND the epgfilter channels wise) and put services/myservices/epgfilter/bouquets back onto the box and reloaded the channel list.

Next got the secitonsd and pzap files and copied them down (first time with telnet since my old unix support days!!), changed the settings and VIOLA! i think it's ready!

just got to wait and see how it populates - is there any way of checking how it's doing? or just scan thru the EPG red button thing?

Big Thanks to Al, Rod, pt-1 and Freddy Frog for their work in helping me out. Re-reading this and alls gone very smoothly.

i started from fresh, deleted services, bouquets and myservices (but kept a backup) Full scan to get all the channels. Re-Created the bouquets including a Junk bouquet, exported that, chopped everything out except the junk bq, added the extra lines and saved this as my epgfilter.xml. Then, re-created myservices file (exactly the same as the junk BQ AND the epgfilter channels wise) and put services/myservices/epgfilter/bouquets back onto the box and reloaded the channel list.

Next got the secitonsd and pzap files and copied them down (first time with telnet since my old unix support days!!), changed the settings and VIOLA! i think it's ready!

just got to wait and see how it populates - is there any way of checking how it's doing? or just scan thru the EPG red button thing?

Hi, Man of Science,

Good to hear you're sorted mate.

It all depends on how many channels you are trying to get 7 days epg for !! I have trimmed down my services.xml file so that I am only looking for 7 days on approx. 80 channels. After a reboot I need to spend 11 to 12 minutes on the PVR_EPG channel for my channels to populate - you may be different depending on your ratio of now 'n' next only to 7 days. You will have to test this out for yourself. Remember to reboot between tests to clear the epg cache.

All the best

Also, when you hit the red / red button, check the date then hit the up button to see if you've got 7 days.

Last edited:
i've got about 140ish channels, but only 5 days - just to see how it goes. Did populate much but the last 20 mins but it's been BBC 1 - gunna leave it on the PVR-epg channel now - go for a cig and fill the dishwasher - see what it's like when i'm back!

looking good! 5 days on the main channels - i'm happy with that as i've got lots of normal channels with 5 days short description

@ MoS

You're not far off PaphosAL's numbers !! Make sure your EPG settings are exactly as posted by AL earlier in this thread. Reboot your box then tune to PVR_EPG for 15 minutes and see how that works - you may need to tweak the number of minutes either way to get it spot on for your setup. Once you've done that you then want to set up your timers, again, AL described earlier exactly how to do this.

Time for me to go for a smoke ( outside the back door of course !!!! )

All the best

Thanks for you reply in the other thread RodBoy.

Ive done a full scan but PVR_EPG doesn`t appear in my boutique.xml. Do I need to add manually if so how do I find the channel details ?

boutique.xml LOL! That's a classic, m8!

You won't find it in your bouquets.xml file until you actually put it there. The place to hunt this channel down is in services.xml in the /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ folder.

Cheers- AL

Thanks for the reply PaphosAL, damn Keyboard USER lol

Just looked in my services.xml
No sign of PVR_EPG channel there either :S

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply PaphosAL, damn Keyboard USER lol

Just looked in my services.xml
No sign of PVR_EPG channel there either :S

So what area are you in, w4tcher? Maybe someone from nearby can post the details for you to add in manually.

For example- I'm in 'pure' Beds (netID 00005), and have PVR_EPG on:

TSid 0011 - Sid 06ae - Freq 755000

With this sort of data, accurate for your area, you can easily edit your services file to add it in- if it actually exists in your area!

Use metapad or ultraEdit for edits like this, NOT notepad / wordpad.

Cheers- AL

<transponder id="003c" onid="0031" frequency="459000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="0003" name="BBC ONE" service_type="01"/>

^ Example of my Services.xml. I`m from Coventry West Midlands.

<channel serviceID="02c4" name="Boomerang" tsid="0007" onid="0031" sat="0" />

Appreciate all your help PaphosAL

If yo want i've attached a very recent services file for Coventry which has the pvr_epg. I just happend to set up a box for me brother there a few weeks ago and i kept a set of back up files , of which this is one !

Nice one Freddy! What took you so long? LOL!

There you go then w4tcher- same Transponder as me, same everything- except your TSid 0011 is on 811000000

Just add this line into the 0011 department of services.xml m8:

<channel service_id="06ae" name="PVR_EPG" service_type="01" />

Reload Channel Lists- and you're on your way to 7 Days EPG! Cheers- AL

Back