Epg options

I don't believe it's totally driver related after further testing.

Using an old vix 3.2, crossepg is fine so made backup of these drivers and flashed to latest vix and swapped drivers with older ones and still got crossepg issue.

As this isn't just related to Vix but also ATV and it doesn't look like it's driver related then my best guess would be OE-A core and/or CrossEPG related but it's still too early to say for sure.

When I next have time, i'll try and get crossepg version as used on 3.2 and try this on new 4.1 thus ruling out OE-A core.

Manually install crossepg 0.6.2 via FTP using the ipk file . The newer version of crossepg does not work well on Zgemma boxes for some reason.
CrossEpg 0.6.2 runs fine on both the H1 and H2S I have used it on. Be careful if you use online update for packages on your image it tries to upate the the newer crossepg version.

Manually install crossepg 0.6.2 via FTP using the ipk file . The newer version of crossepg does not work well on Zgemma boxes for some reason.
CrossEpg 0.6.2 runs fine on both the H1 and H2S I have used it on. Be careful if you use online update for packages on your image it tries to upate the the newer crossepg version.

I have tried to install 0.6.2 but the versions I have wont install keep getting a message saying file not found, can you post a working ipk file

Ok

I have got 0.6.2 installed and running sweet, the only the difference in see is it scans on radio screen, not on the channel your watching but that's not a problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok

I have got 0.6.2 installed and running sweet, the only the difference in see is it scans on radio screen, not on the channel your watching but that's not a problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes, that is a minor issue with CrossEPG 0.6.2 on the zgemma , it doesn't use the second tuner to download the epg from the radio feed, so it will swap the channel your watching to the radio channel for a couple of minutes.
Other than that 0.6.2 works well. It would be good if the new version can be fixed to work properly on zgemma boxes.

This is all strange to me to folks. I'm assuming this issue is H2.S?
over a year now my 2S cross EPG works perfect. When it downloading you can still watch the channel your viewing but can turn over.

This issue isn't just with 2s or h2s. It's also on h2h and others but only crossepg versions built from around this year (not sure of exact date).

I think I have found a crossepg that works but could do with some further testing.

Anyone having an issue with a recent (likely this year) image and crossepg takes a very long time on their zgemma box then please remove existing plugin from systemplugins within plugin menus, reboot box and manually install the attached file and restart box again.

If ok, i'll then upload :)

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.8.1_zgemma.ipk
    589.8 KB · Views: 1
I'm probably going of this thread slightly. I will upload the image I'm running (vix) tomorrow. It runs flawless for me and others but it's "ONLY" for 2S model.
No issues with EPG but I am aware of other people locally having issues with crossepg.
Especially H2.s

River4ever, which version of vix are you using?

I'm running version 4.2 from 16-7-2015 on the very first model of zgemma 2s.
I didn't FTP my crossepg. One file flashed done the lot with slyHD.

I think you mean 3.2 version. Your version of crossepg is working fine it's only the version of crossepg in newer images (ie 4.1 and possibly 4.0) that isn't.

The crossepg version earlier in this thread is actually taken from vix 3.2

Last edited:
Yes ketmp it is 3.2 (not 4.2)
Just done autobouquets and took 2 mins.
But crossepg download does take me 5 to 6 mins. But I will still say it's flawless. Slightly slow at loading but not a major issue.
Theres no doubt that there is an issue images after that.

But crossepg download does take me 5 to 6 mins..
I don't remember it taking that long on a older image I did a while back. This was on Vix as well.

Using the crossepg from 3.2 only takes about 2/3 mins on the newer/faster zgemma models.

This isn't an image issue but more a crossepg issue. It looks like as crossepg keeps getting updated, slower boxes (like zgemma) can't cope as well as they once were able to.

I've uploaded this version of CrossEPG to here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back