Epg options

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running a openvix on zgemma h.2. S but having problems with crossepg, which is taking over 10 min's to update, so I'm looking into options for a replacement for crossepg, does anyone have a ideas what's best to try.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

There are various options to CrossEPG downloader. Which are you using? For which providers?

Sky 28.2 I need m8

Have you enabled the Rytec providers (Download from internet)?
Have you enabled 28.2 OpenTV provider (Download from satellite signal)?

I'm using open tv 28.2 but that's very slow, which rytec provider do I use there is a few

It should only take a minute or two. If it does not, it will be a driver problem (if others can colloborate the speed ) or maybe corrupt EPG or storage device issue.

If you are going to download from the internet, forget CrossEPG Downloader. Use EPG Importer (formerly called xmltv importer). You will be downloading the same data (what Doglover from PLi uploads), but using a different program. EPG Importer works in the background so you do not lose control of your receiver. There is also an option to delete before downloading.

Once you have it set. Time your autobouquets around 5:30 then EPG download 5:45.
90% of time channel movements happen around 5:00.

Blue Button > EPG importer
(Menu > Setup > System > EPG-Importer)

Set your options.
Automate the process. Don't use the same time as everyone else, use the time that suits you.
Save

01 setup page.jpg

Press Blue to select the sources. UK users will generally select
Rytec UK XMLTV and Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV
Save
02 sources.jpg

You can manually download the selected providers at any time. You will see the following:
03 manual start.jpg

just ran crossepg here opentv providers took less than 2 mins total time here

just ran crossepg here opentv providers took less than 2 mins total time here

at the moment I running openvix from 01/01/2016 and its fine, but I wanted the updated version of openvix on when I install it and set everything up crossepg starts to download but it justb seems to stop at read paries a 568mb and then after 5 mins starts and stops again at 2.11mb and sits there for nearly 10 mins and then just finishes, it does update but as you say you can't do anything with box until its finished :), I do have it set to scan at 5.30am but some times I need to scan manually which causes the issue.

must be issue with latest image then

at the moment I running openvix from 01/01/2016 and its fine, but I wanted the updated version of openvix on when I install it and set everything up crossepg starts to download but it justb seems to stop at read paries a 568mb and then after 5 mins starts and stops again at 2.11mb and sits there for nearly 10 mins and then just finishes, it does update but as you say you can't do anything with box until its finished :), I do have it set to scan at 5.30am but some times I need to scan manually which causes the issue.

That's exactly why I don't use Vix @Napster I had similar issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the same issue with pli m8,or I did on my star s not tried it on h.2.s yet

The problem isn't with CrossEpg version itself as I can replicate the issue using an old CrossEpg taken from vix 3.2 feeds.

Napster, can you try the latest pli and latest openatv as well? If it's slow on both these images then that would point to a driver issue as mentioned by Abu.

I have exactly same issue on new box I'm setting up with openvix. Give up on crossepg and use epgimporter as said by Abu Baniaz. Downloads in a couple of mins no probs

I can confirm that this issue happens with very latest atv image so this problem isn't just openvix related.

When you say driver issues what do you mean I have never installed drivers as I thought they was built in zgemma images

I will have to see if I can find there email details

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back