ECM WARNING - Ambit 250 modems - Remote brickage!

Yeh you can lift the chip...Flash a working dump and then resolder....Bit of a pain tho...I did manage to do one earlier tho...But it wasn't pretty

i am going to lift a chip later and see if i can change with another but dont know if this will work if it does i will post also there must be somewhere we can purchase these chips from anyone know where

well if it works someone could make a lot of money in it lol

i wouldnt have a clue where to start... take it to the uni and get one of the engineer undergrads to do it lol

but at least there is some hope....

they are deleteing sectors from the flash it seems o there can be no access atall to reflash the only way possible is if you get the modem to force an ip somehow so you can repair the flash i suppose

Your talking about reflashing the chip via max232 tho...If you desolder and reprog it's fine....

yeh if you could force an ip to the modem obviously you should be then able to reflash via max232 but they have also done something to usb and it no longer detects the modem on system when its plugged in so i dont know if they have acctually deleted sections of flash or found a way to block the ports on modem so it is inaccesible i also found a little bit of info from a usa cable company which i will not post as could give virmin the chance to find a long term fix at shutting clones down if they are not allready working on it but maybe if we put some poison down we can kill the virmin lol also it would be good if anyone knows if you could piggy back the chip on board with out removeing to reprogram has anyone tried this

My 250 has been on for just under 3 days. I've been out and come back in today and it's dead. Serial was changed along with login and pass. I'm in Stoke area.

I've been looking for a clip so that I reprog the chip without removing it but haven't found one that is suitable

My 250 has been on for just under 3 days. I've been out and come back in today and it's dead. Serial was changed along with login and pass. I'm in Stoke area.
this is not good :( i think i'll shove my adsl router back on in the mean time.

Last edited:
@Smok3y666 are you sayng that you done all the changes on these threads and they just still got into your modem

@Smok3y666 are you sayng that you done all the changes on these threads and they just still got into your modem

and did u also set the usb mac to be the nic mac + 1? was u using the normal firmware or stealth?

iam in the same area as smok3y666
we are not getting bricked here yet
just having probs since end of august with the modem going off after a couple of hours
we are still able to get back into hyper

just doing a tor at the moment
swapping
a few 250`s for
friends

that I re done with password change and series etc usb one digit up stc

of the 3 iv
picked
up 1 is bricked two are saved but
unplugging
yesterday

so for the 3 new 250`s are running strong no sine of a hit yet . about 3 hours
luton area

fingers crossed.

anyone got a copy of infinite-stealth firmware for me ???? can't find the bugger the one in the downloads says pure ntl or tw but i need ex cw

anyone got a copy of infinite-stealth firmware for me ???? can't find the bugger the one in the downloads says pure ntl or tw but i need ex cw
flash it then use configurator or config tool to change settings.

On the very first day they started getting bricked, i changed my login and pass,set the usb mac to be the nic mac + 1,changed the serial number to match ethernet mac....using 250hack_dump_telnet.bin.
Left it on 24/7 since the day...while quite a few have been bricked in this area,mines still ok...touch wood....

Last edited:
Back