Echostar Positioner Help

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have an Echostar AD3000IP Reciever which is connected to a motorised dish. I have the majority of satellites stored however I am getting No Signal on 10E Eutlesat.

This had all been setup before and I have no experience of using this reciver to set up the sateliites. I have a 1.2M dish. Should this be big enough to pick this Sat.

Does anybody have any experience of programming SATS on this reciever.

I have no manual that I can follow as well. I dont want to start messing about with different setting and end up messing all my other SATS which have been set up.

I have a VU Duo box as well which I use to view the channels on different SATS. However the Echostar is mainly used as positioner to control my Motorised Dish.

Would anybody be kind enough to give me hand with setting this up. I will post screenshots of how the screen looks like on setup.

I have E 1243 W setup on my 10 E Sat but with only 10% signal. The 13 E has been setup on E 1201 W and have excellent signal. I can recieve all other SATS, Thor, Viasat, 7E, 9E as well. But just not 10E

I would like this channel to open up PLTV on my VUDuo using the BISS keys.

A long post. Hope some kind soul can give me hand. Thanks

Firstly, is 10E stored in the list of satellites in the receiver database, ie, is it in the list on screen if you press the satellite button on the remote control? If it is present then follow the below procedure and you should be OK.

You state that the pulse count for 13E is 1201 and it gives you excellent signal, what is the pulse count for 7E as you also state that gives you pictures? Take the pulse count for 7E and the pulse count for 13E and then use the mid point to get you the theoretical pulse count for 10E.

It might be that the satellite frequencies stored in the AD3000 receiver database are mostly dead or redundant frequencies. If that is the case then all you need to do is to enter a good known working frequency into the receiver then nudge the dish through and past the theoretical position for 10E and you should see the signal meter bar increase when it gets the signal.

Those Echostar 36 volt positioners are real proper positioners, not the nancy boy disecq positioners used by pussy whipped gimps, real men use 36 volts.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited:
the 3000 was excellent at doing the positions.
where are you?

I am from the North.

Firstly, is 10E stored in the list of satellites in the receiver database, ie, is it in the list on screen if you press the satellite button on the remote control? If it is present then follow the below procedure and you should be OK.

You state that the pulse count for 13E is 1201 and it gives you excellent signal, what is the pulse count for 7E as you also state that gives you pictures? Take the pulse count for 7E and the pulse count for 13E and then use the mid point to get you the theoretical pulse count for 10E.

It might be that the satellite frequencies stored in the AD3000 receiver database are mostly dead or redundant frequencies. If that is the case then all you need to do is to enter a good known working frequency into the receiver then nudge the dish through and past the theoretical position for 10E and you should see the signal meter bar increase when it gets the signal.

Those Echostar 36 volt positioners are real proper positioners, not the nancy boy disecq positioners used by pussy whipped gimps, real men use 36 volts.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Yes the 10E is stored in the position of the satelliites. 1201 does give me excellent signal and I have accessed 7E as well. I will check what the frequency is for 7E.

How would you enter a good working frequency in the reciever does it give you an option when you change the pulse count.

Usually I check my signal level on my VU Duo as I can use this better than the Echostar. I will have a little play with the Pulse Count ( Just dont want to mess anything up) and see if a better signal can be achieved.

Thanks Mate

I am from the North.

Yes the 10E is stored in the position of the satelliites. 1201 does give me excellent signal and I have accessed 7E as well. I will check what the frequency is for 7E.

How would you enter a good working frequency in the reciever does it give you an option when you change the pulse count.

Usually I check my signal level on my VU Duo as I can use this better than the Echostar. I will have a little play with the Pulse Count ( Just dont want to mess anything up) and see if a better signal can be achieved.

Thanks Mate

If you can pickup 9.0° east then you should be able to pick up the stronger transponders on 10° east as your dish should pick them up easily, try this transponder while you are on 9° east 11400 H 7815 5/6 that one is really strong and i get around 18.5db on my 1.2.

To make life easier why not get a VboxII or even a GBox 3000 i have the latter controlling my actuator they cost around £25 and have loopthrough for you to connect up the duo and control the positioner through the Duo remote.

Hi

Thanks guys for all your help. I changed the pulse count slightly on the positioner and re scanned for that channel on Vu Duo and it is now working. Got the BISS Keys entered and Hey Presto!!! It is working :).

Hope th keys dont go off now lol.

Thanks Again.

You can Guarantee while they are in the public domain they wont last long

Back